Time is up!

Standard memberGabbe
Help 04 Sep '04 07:44
  1. Stockholm
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 07:44
    My opponents time is up and it has been so for like 1-2 days now... Isn't he supposed to lose when that happens?
  2. Standard memberBird
    dickie
    lords
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 08:49
    Originally posted by Gabbe
    My opponents time is up and it has been so for like 1-2 days now... Isn't he supposed to lose when that happens?
    i'm in the same position all their timeouts and timebanks are over and the game just sits there. is there no claim win or delete function at this stage? lloyd
  3. Serbia
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 08:511 edit
    Russ had to temporarily disable the timeouts. He said it will last 24 hours, but I now see that he extended this for (EDIT: at least) another 24 hours.

Here is his explanation in this thread in the Announcements forum:

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=13944
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 10:26
    Game against people who have verified their email addresses can now be claimed as normal.

-Russ
  5. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 14:39
    Russ ive got a game against "CHESS MAD DEMON" he hasnt moved since Aug 19, its a 7 day timeout and his timebanks up, can you help, the game just sits there.
  6. Joined
    18 Aug '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 21:391 edit
    i've only recently joined.. and its bugging me , as i'm in the same position...
    i've waited 8days for this person 'DragonJ' to move...
    i've sent this person a reminder, but no responce. i have a button that says 'claim win'...
    BUT i dont wanna press it, as i'd much prefer ending the game ... in well.. not a 'claim win' kinda way! is there no other way in sending people reminders???
  7. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 21:42
    Originally posted by BoChan
    i've only recently joined.. and its bugging me , as i'm in the same position...
    i've waited 8days for this person 'DragonJ' to move...
    i've sent this person a reminder, but no responce. i have a button that says 'claim win'...
    BUT i dont wanna press it, as i'd much prefer ending the game ... in well.. not a 'claim win' kinda way! is there no other way in sending people reminders???
    only thing can suggest is to send a message asking your opponent to move or you will claim the win. if that doesnt budge him nothing will
  8. Joined
    18 Aug '04
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 22:411 edit
    ... its actually been 2weeks.. i miss counted! lol
    anywayz...i've sent this person a another reminder ... i guess i'l jst hav to wait and see... thanx 4 da advise!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree