time out win

Standard membertopnzbrb
Help 24 Sep '08 01:47
  1. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 01:47
    does a time out win affect ratings?
    is a timeout win recorded differently in stats or is just shown as a win?
    I would prefer to win fair and square...
    thanks 🙂
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 02:49
    Timeout is the same as a regular win. It affects your rating with the same guidelines as a regular game.
  3. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 02:54
    Thank you
  4. The sky
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 10:27
    Originally posted by topnzbrb
    It does, luckily - otherwise people who are in a lost position could just stop moving and avoid losing points. Not much fun for the winner.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 15:395 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It does, luckily - otherwise people who are in a lost position could just stop moving and avoid losing points. Not much fun for the winner.
    otherwise people who are in a lost position could just stop moving and avoid losing points.
    As in this case. Game 5240535

This is a case of someone trying to steal the win away from someone by making them claim a timeout for the win. In my case it does not affect me in the least. it's very clear to anyone they lost the game. And seeing that they move on their other games almost every day several times a day, And that they moved on our games on a regular basis until thy turned in my favor, It's clear to me their just a poor sport.

is a timeout win recorded differently in stats or is just shown as a win?
    I would prefer to win fair and square...

Timeouts are wins fair and square either way. If you're in a professional chess tournament and you have your opponent in checkmate next move but your clock runs out of time, guess what? You lose!
    Time clocks are a big part of chess for a reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree