time zones

Standard memberjimmi t
Help 20 May '03 14:02
  1. my own little world
    Moves
    20 May '03 14:02
    Hi,

I've noticed that the time given by RHP is an hour behind GMT even though it professes to be GMT. Is this bacause of day-light savings? Ans if so what should I do to sort it out?

Jimmy
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    20 May '03 14:15
    Originally posted by jimmi t
    Hi,

I've noticed that the time given by RHP is an hour behind GMT even though it professes to be GMT. Is this bacause of day-light savings? Ans if so what should I do to sort it out?

Jimmy
    Click on 'My Home' go to the bottom left hand corner and change your time zone setting to -1 or +1 as appropriate. 🙂

Rhymester
  3. my own little world
    Moves
    20 May '03 23:09
    Its not that. I live in GMT, in england, yet it is an hour slow. I could change it in my home I'm just curious as to why its an hour slow
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 May '03 23:412 edits
    The server is in GMT.

In 1968 to 1971 Britain tried the experiment of keeping BST - to be called British Standard Time - throughout the year, largely for commercial reasons because Britain would then conform to the time kept by other European Countries. This was not good for the school children of Scotland as it meant they had to always go to School in the dark. The experiment was eventually abandoned in 1972, Britain has kept GMT in winter and BST in summer.

Source > http://greenwichmeantime.com/info/daylightsaving.htm

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree