Timeout loss claimed on me in vacation status

Timeout loss claimed on me in vacation status

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
08 Jun 04

I just returned today from a long vacation, during which I had my status set to on vacation. I come to find that one opponent has claimed a timeout victory against me even though I was on vacation status. Is there a way I can dispute this and have it removed from my record?
😠

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
08 Jun 04

Not everybody will repsect the vacation flag. They believe that with the time bank system people shouldn't accept games with time banks that they can't play to. They believe that when the flag falls you lose.

Also, people have been known to abuse the flag to halt for time so some people are now very warey of it. I don't think you can dispute it, but you can take it up with the admins if you like. What was the game ID?

m
Moo

UK

Moves
08 Jun 04

I'm afraid that the vacation flag does not prevent people from claiming victory over you if your alloted time frame expires. This is especially true in tournament games where automatic timeout win will happen two days after your time is up, whether your opponent wants it or not.

Consider it a lesson learnt.