Timeout's

Standard memberAlistair72
Help 17 Nov '08 18:43
  1. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 18:43
    I was playing a guy with a rating higher than myself (a clan challenge so their were 2 games). He did not stay active on the site and many of his other opponents timed him out and his rating has now dropped to ~500 points below mine. So now when we play if he wins (and he should since he is a stronger player) I will lose lots of points. Is this right?
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 19:09
    Originally posted by Alistair72
    I was playing a guy with a rating higher than myself (a clan challenge so their were 2 games). He did not stay active on the site and many of his other opponents timed him out and his rating has now dropped to ~500 points below mine. So now when we play if he wins (and he should since he is a stronger player) I will lose lots of points. Is this right?
    Unfortunately, yes that is what will happen. It's certainly not fair.

You could slow down your play in order to give him more time to get his rating bsck up towards its true level. Although you'll probably still lose quite a few points.

To solve this sort of problem, many people have suggested "rating floors", so that nobody's rating can fall too far below it's normal level.

But the site owners need to agree to this idea and then write the code, so it probably won't happen for a long time, if at all.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 21:25
    You should have timed him out thereby you would not be in this predicament
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 21:27
    Did you have the opportunity to time him out?
    If so, than you could salvage you same rating points.
    If not, then... eh... c'est la vie...
    Stalling the game as long as possible is one way to lose not too many points.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 15:46
    Timouts

The timeouts poses nothing, so no need for the apostrophe.

P-
  6. The sky
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 15:47
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Timouts
    Tim'outs
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 16:111 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Tim'outs
    Tedious and predicable.

P-
  8. The sky
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 16:15
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Tedious and predicable.

P-
    predic'able 😠
  9. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:25
    predic'able 😠
    tediou's
  10. The sky
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:32
    Originally posted by jb70
    tediou's
    tedio's
  11. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:57
    tedio's
    'scuse

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree