1. Joined
    28 Apr '12
    Moves
    21 May '12 08:00
    After finishing a game against an opponent, I saw that there was another game in progress, against the same player, that I didn't agree to play. When I went to it, the timer said 23 hours and 59 minutes. This is kind of annoying if I have to forfeit it. I am white. Can I simply delete it before moving a piece?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    21 May '12 12:36
    Hit the bin icon...if you just look to the right of this games details you'll eventually come across it...in 'my games' and after 'opponent' and 'status' etc, you'll see 'actions'...hit that bin icon and you'll delete the game.
  3. Joined
    28 Apr '12
    Moves
    21 May '12 12:50
    Thanks. For future reference, does that bin only appear when you're "able to quit" (I mean, when it won't cost you rating points to quit)? I'm assuming I can dump it now without it costing me.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    21 May '12 13:041 edit
    Ya, no 'cost' to you and they don;t even show in your game statistics.. and that continues to be the case with 'less than three moves' on the board...it's important you remember that, 'less' than !
    Edit: Yes, and for clarity, you know you can exit 'freely' when the icon is there..
  5. Joined
    28 Apr '12
    Moves
    21 May '12 13:56
    Great. Thanks again.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 May '12 13:581 edit
    Players often do an automatic rematch, expecting the other person will want one, and they're frequently deleted using the trash bin icon. Nobody will be offended if you use it, and the other person will receive an email reminding them that it doesn't mean anything.
  7. Joined
    28 Apr '12
    Moves
    22 May '12 13:39
    One more thing: I trashed one and the guy started ANOTHER game with me, this time with white, where he's moved the first piece. Now, just to clarify, surely I don't have to check in and trash every game someone starts with me, right? If I leave it, not having moved a piece, it won't count against me, right?
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 May '12 14:22
    no, you can always let it time out and it won't appear as a loss or on any statistic..
  9. Joined
    28 Apr '12
    Moves
    22 May '12 14:29
    That's good. I think I've got it all now. Thanks one more time.
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 May '12 14:51
    If you do not want challenges you can also change your settings to prevent people from challenging. You can still challenge others, or create "open invite" games whenever you want.

Just go to "My Settings/ Challenge settings" using the link near the top of the page, and you can customize your games in several ways. If you set your games limit to zero you will not ever get a challenge or rematch unless you initiate it yourself. You can change these settings around whenever you want to.

Just make sure when you have entered your changes that you drop to the bottom of the page and click the update button so your preferences will take affect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree