1. London
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:16
    In the forums when you click on a thread , with all the posts around , in the place where they show the Forum Avator , below it they say , Total Recs , what's that supposed to mean ?
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:21
    Nothing, really. It's just a gimmick.

Have a Non-Subscriber Recommendation. Out of sympathy.
  3. London
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:23
    Then how does the number appear , is it like how many recommendations the post had or how many recomendations the player gave ?
  4. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:27
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    Then how does the number appear , is it like how many recommendations the post had or how many recomendations the player gave ?
    It's the total number of subscriber recommendations you have received.

Non-Subscriber Recommendations must be memorized or written down on a piece of paper and kept in a drawer.
  5. London
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 16:40
    Does that mean three people have recommended me , and how am I supposed to know who recommended me anyway ?
  6. back in business
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 17:16
    Does that mean three people have recommended me , and how am I supposed to know who recommended me anyway ?
    most probably some jerk just randomly recced posts and you were at the right thread at the right time...
  7. London
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 18:09
    I don't understand what you're even trying to tell me.
  8. London
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 18:09
    WHAT ON EARTH IS A RECOMENDATION ?
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 18:38
    Spell it correctly then consult a dictionary.
  10. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 19:21
    recommendation
    Function: noun
    1 a : the act of recommending b : something (as a procedure) recommended
    2 : something that recommends or expresses commendation

p
  11. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 19:40
    If you like a post, you can recommend it (as I understand only subscribers can do this). The number below the avatar indicates the total amount of recs you have received.

One way to view which of your posts are rec'ed, is to search the forum for your posts and scroll down the list to see which one got rec'ed and which one didn't. But maybe (probably) there is an easier way.

Hope this helps.
  12. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 19:42
    Oh, and you don't know who gave you the recommendation. That is a big secret.
  13. London
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 08:26
    Thanks , but I can't see which post was recommended . I'm not pretty sure . I understand that recommendation mean's you like the post , but does that mean I can recommend my own post , then I can make a million posts and recommend them , and do people recommend threads or posts becuase I can't select a post to recommend but I think I have been able to recommend before even though I wasn't a subscriber so these are my questions.
    Q.1 : I have searched for my posts but see no recommendations written , it doesn't say on any of them , so can you please tell me which posts were recommended , so I can check them or tell me how to view the recommended posts .
    Q.2 : Can I recommend my own post ?
    Q.3 : Do I recommend by selecting a thread or a single individual post.
  14. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 13:09
    Thanks , but I can't see which post was recommended . I'm not pretty sure . I understand that recommendation mean's you like the post , but does that mean I can recommend my own post , then I can make a million posts and recommend them , and do people recommend threads or posts becuase I can't select a post to recommend but I think I have been ab ...[text shortened]... ecommend my own post ?
    Q.3 : Do I recommend by selecting a thread or a single individual post.
    A.1
    If I search for posts which have you as an author, I get a list of all your posts. The top line of each post contains next to the date and time also the number of recs (x recommendations). Your post "WHAT ON EARTH IS A RECOMENDATION ?" for example has got 2 recommendations.

A.2
    No. The option to recommend is not present with your own post (see A.3).

A.3
    A single post. At the bottom of each post you have 4 options: reply, reply & quote, alert moderator and recommend. So go to the post you want, and click on 'recommend'. This option is not present with your own posts.

Hope this finally answers your questions.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Sep '05 13:12
    I think I have been able to recommend before even though I wasn't a subscriber so these are my questions.
    Oh no you didn't.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree