Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 09 Sep '05 16:16
    In the forums when you click on a thread , with all the posts around , in the place where they show the Forum Avator , below it they say , Total Recs , what's that supposed to mean ?
  2. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    09 Sep '05 16:21
    Nothing, really. It's just a gimmick.


    Have a Non-Subscriber Recommendation. Out of sympathy.
  3. 09 Sep '05 16:23
    Then how does the number appear , is it like how many recommendations the post had or how many recomendations the player gave ?
  4. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    09 Sep '05 16:27
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    Then how does the number appear , is it like how many recommendations the post had or how many recomendations the player gave ?
    It's the total number of subscriber recommendations you have received.

    Non-Subscriber Recommendations must be memorized or written down on a piece of paper and kept in a drawer.
  5. 09 Sep '05 16:40
    Does that mean three people have recommended me , and how am I supposed to know who recommended me anyway ?
  6. 09 Sep '05 17:16
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    Does that mean three people have recommended me , and how am I supposed to know who recommended me anyway ?
    most probably some jerk just randomly recced posts and you were at the right thread at the right time...
  7. 09 Sep '05 18:09
    I don't understand what you're even trying to tell me.
  8. 09 Sep '05 18:09
    WHAT ON EARTH IS A RECOMENDATION ?
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    09 Sep '05 18:38
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    WHAT ON EARTH IS A RECOMENDATION ?
    Spell it correctly then consult a dictionary.
  10. Standard member pendejo
    GTX
    09 Sep '05 19:21
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    WHAT ON EARTH IS A RECOMENDATION ?
    recommendation
    Function: noun
    1 a : the act of recommending b : something (as a procedure) recommended
    2 : something that recommends or expresses commendation

    p
  11. 09 Sep '05 19:40
    If you like a post, you can recommend it (as I understand only subscribers can do this). The number below the avatar indicates the total amount of recs you have received.

    One way to view which of your posts are rec'ed, is to search the forum for your posts and scroll down the list to see which one got rec'ed and which one didn't. But maybe (probably) there is an easier way.

    Hope this helps.
  12. 09 Sep '05 19:42
    Oh, and you don't know who gave you the recommendation. That is a big secret.
  13. 10 Sep '05 08:26
    Thanks , but I can't see which post was recommended . I'm not pretty sure . I understand that recommendation mean's you like the post , but does that mean I can recommend my own post , then I can make a million posts and recommend them , and do people recommend threads or posts becuase I can't select a post to recommend but I think I have been able to recommend before even though I wasn't a subscriber so these are my questions.
    Q.1 : I have searched for my posts but see no recommendations written , it doesn't say on any of them , so can you please tell me which posts were recommended , so I can check them or tell me how to view the recommended posts .
    Q.2 : Can I recommend my own post ?
    Q.3 : Do I recommend by selecting a thread or a single individual post.
  14. 10 Sep '05 13:09
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    Thanks , but I can't see which post was recommended . I'm not pretty sure . I understand that recommendation mean's you like the post , but does that mean I can recommend my own post , then I can make a million posts and recommend them , and do people recommend threads or posts becuase I can't select a post to recommend but I think I have been ab ...[text shortened]... ecommend my own post ?
    Q.3 : Do I recommend by selecting a thread or a single individual post.
    A.1
    If I search for posts which have you as an author, I get a list of all your posts. The top line of each post contains next to the date and time also the number of recs (x recommendations). Your post "WHAT ON EARTH IS A RECOMENDATION ?" for example has got 2 recommendations.

    A.2
    No. The option to recommend is not present with your own post (see A.3).

    A.3
    A single post. At the bottom of each post you have 4 options: reply, reply & quote, alert moderator and recommend. So go to the post you want, and click on 'recommend'. This option is not present with your own posts.

    Hope this finally answers your questions.
  15. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    10 Sep '05 13:12
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    I think I have been able to recommend before even though I wasn't a subscriber so these are my questions.
    Oh no you didn't.

    D