1. Joined
    25 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 12:09
    I wish there were some tournament for the non subscribers with the winner being given a free subscription.
    I dont know if that is already being done, but I think that it's a good idea.
    Comments?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 12:22
    As far as I know there have never been free subscriptions awarded as a prize for any tournament, but once in a while Russ does have a tournament for non-subscribers. They aren't highly publicized, so you will need to check the Tournament page regularly so you don't miss out.

regards, Marc
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 12:22
    Cough up your $19.95 and you can play all the tournaments you want...

C'mon, become a PAWN STAR!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Joined
    25 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 12:27
    I could have done, but I am a student in India. I don't have a credit card and $20 converted into Indian rupee is a big amount(not very big but considerable).
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 12:35
    Originally posted by saffa73
    Cough up your $19.95 and you can play all the tournaments you want...

C'mon, become a PAWN STAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    I resisted replying with something of this nature because I really think it's Russ' call as to whether this is viable, unless some altruistic member wishes to sponsor such a tournament.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 13:15
    Originally posted by Exy
    I resisted replying with something of this nature because I really think it's Russ' call as to whether this is viable, unless some altruistic member wishes to sponsor such a tournament.
    Someone requested one the other day (and offered sponsorship) - but there is one big problem.

From prior experience I know they are prone to cheats and multiple account abuse as soon as a subscription is offered. Therefore, they are far too much work to administer.

Sorry about that.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 13:36
    Originally posted by Russ
    Someone requested one the other day (and offered sponsorship) - but there is one big problem.

From prior experience I know they are prone to cheats and multiple account abuse as soon as a subscription is offered. Therefore, they are far too much work to administer.

Sorry about that.

-Russ
    I can see it now...

Sheriff Russ of Nothingham and <Insert cheat's name> Hood in an all-star(less) cast: The sheriff has called an unsubscribed tourny with the expectation that the outlaws are sure to attend. A free subsription is sure to lure to flush them out...

Alternatively, there is the Kenny Everett philosophy: "Round them, put them in a field and ...", well, you know the rest!

What a shame though. Usually cheats are just a tad annoying, tending to cause some silly ratings fluctuations. But here they have managed to really negatively impact on our unsubscribed members. And without a healthy body of unsubscribed members, we'll never add to the <insert derogative term> body of subscribed members, which is very clearly a bad thing.
  8. Joined
    25 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 15:29
    Well I hadn't thought about that. Actually so many good ideas get spoiled because of the cheats. Why can't all be good and honest?

As a passing remark I had made two ID's (Actually I didn't read the Terms of Service carefully so I was myself cheating though unknowingly) . I am sorry for that and now I don't know what to do of the second ID? (I want to keep this one) Any suggestions? Russ?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 15:43
    Originally posted by anshu
    Well I hadn't thought about that. Actually so many good ideas get spoiled because of the cheats. Why can't all be good and honest?

As a passing remark I had made two ID's (Actually I didn't read the Terms of Service carefully so I was myself cheating though unknowingly) . I am sorry for that and now I don't know what to do of the second ID? (I want to keep this one) Any suggestions? Russ?
    Just resign games and then abandon the account.

That will be sufficient.

-Russ
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jul '04 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by Toe
    I can see it now...

Sheriff Russ of Nothingham and <Insert cheat's name> Hood in an all-star(less) cast: The sheriff has called an unsubscribed tourny with the expectation that the outlaws are sure to attend. A free subsription is sure to lure to flush them out...
    Funny as this may seem, this is how I was originally alerted to Zach's behaviour. (if you still remember that episode...) And he was a subscriber!!! 🙄

What a catch!

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree