1. University
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 02:55
    I have entered the Seven Zero Duel Banded 0-1199 I tournament which has already started. After some wins in regular games, my rating went up to 1201. What should I do? It doesn't seem fair, especially if I keep winning.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 03:02
    2 points over the limit?!
  3. University
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 03:10
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    2 points over the limit?!
    Yes, but it could get higher or lower, I just want some advice beforehand.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 03:22
    If you were to find yourself well above the limit when the next round starts (say 150+ points) good sportsmanship would dictate that you should resign your games (if done before 2 moves are made no points are lost) in the tournament.

Of course ratings aren't static, they bounce around. I'm currently in an 1800-1999 rated tournament. My rating has reached 2062 in recent times (and 2080 if you go back further), these peaks were mostly to starting a large number of games and the wins being shorter than the losses meaning I reach a peak before falling again.

If you feel it is still fair to the other entrants of the tournament for you to play in it then you should continue to play.
  5. University
    Moves
    27 Nov '05 03:28
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    If you were to find yourself well above the limit when the next round starts (say 150+ points) good sportsmanship would dictate that you should resign your games (if done before 2 moves are made no points are lost) in the tournament.

Of course ratings aren't static, they bounce around. I'm currently in an 1800-1999 rated tournament. My rating has reac ...[text shortened]... to the other entrants of the tournament for you to play in it then you should continue to play.
    Thanks, I'll follow your advice. I'm on a hot streak, so my rating will come down again when I lose a few.

I am a sportsman-like player so I will resign if the time calls for it.
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 12:10
    Originally posted by Whats goin on eh
    I have entered the Seven Zero Duel Banded 0-1199 I tournament which has already started. After some wins in regular games, my rating went up to 1201. What should I do? It doesn't seem fair, especially if I keep winning.
    I suggest looking at the rankings of other people in the tournament as part of your decision. I think every banded tournament I've ever looked at has had some people with ratings higher than the band limit. It's not unusual at all.

Um, I think I'm pretty much agreeing with the advice you've already got!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree