tournament

Standard memberirontigran
Help 27 Jul '07 19:22
  1. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 19:22
    Tournament 2114

doesnt the only game left not affect the outcome of the group? i thought tourneys could just go on at this point, am i missing something?
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 20:07
    group 9
  3. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 20:40
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    Tournament 2114

doesnt the only game left not affect the outcome of the group? i thought tourneys could just go on at this point, am i missing something?
    Tournament next round can start indeed when the outcome of games in progress does not affect the outcome of a group.
    But I am not sure if it is automatic, or that the admins still have to push the button, but that could explain a delay.
    Also I notice that it is a draw in that group. Maybe the system does not handle that correctly?

So ..eh.. actually I don't know.

Adje
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 00:42
    thanks, hopefully the problem will fix itself when their game ends and take us to round 2
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 00:44
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    Tournament 2114

Tournaments only progress onto the next round once ALL games have been completed in the current round.
    Different tournaments have different ways of working out who is going to meet who in the next round based on ratings, group size, number of 'winners' and stuff, so (I think) that someone has to intervene to kick the next round into being active.

All the tournaments I've been in have had a bit of a lag in starting new rounds.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 00:501 edit
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Tournaments only progress onto the next round once ALL games have been completed in the current round.
    Actually this isn't true anymore. The second round of Tournament 1840 has just started, even though two of the games in round 1 aren't finished yet (but the groups are decided). Unfortunate for me, I had hoped the round wouldn't start until I am back from holidays...
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 19:38
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Actually this isn't true anymore. The second round of Tournament 1840 has just started, even though two of the games in round 1 aren't finished yet (but the groups are decided). Unfortunate for me, I had hoped the round wouldn't start until I am back from holidays...
    that line looks hard enough to spell, yet alone play, best of luck to ya!

i think ill just wait this game out, try to be pacient..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree