1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    02 May '13 05:32
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have been trying to reproduce this problem, and have found an occasional problem on IE8 when the zoom is set to anything other than 100% (150% caused the issues I witnessed) Can you let me know if this is the case?
    Adjusted zoom to 100% and everything works fine. 😀😀
  2. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    02 May '13 08:36
    I was also having problems, using IE 8 and 125% zoom, moving pieces at the top of the board. Changing to 100% sorts out the problem. Hopefully it should now be possible to fix the codeing so it works in IE 8 for any zoom level.
    I think that the changes to the site are a big improvement. Sure there have been a lot of problems that will need to be fixed. It is very difficult to make changes to a site like this work first time for everyone, considering all the different systems and settings people have on their own computers. No amount of testing beforehand will eliminate all the problems before going live.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 May '13 09:35
    This zoom issue really came out of left field, I believe unique to IE 8.

It is serious enough that I just messaged every active user about this problem. Right now, I believe it is just an issue with IE 8 that probably can not be fixed - the browser will always report incorrect coordinates when zoomed. I will investigate though, I know there are a lot of older people playing here and accessibility is clearly an issue.
  4. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    02 May '13 20:51
    Originally posted by Russ
    This zoom issue really came out of left field, I believe unique to IE 8.

It is serious enough that I just messaged every active user about this problem. Right now, I believe it is just an issue with IE 8 that probably can not be fixed - the browser will always report incorrect coordinates when zoomed. I will investigate though, I know there are a lot of older people playing here and accessibility is clearly an issue.
    Russ

I came across this which might explain the problems we are getting with IE8.

•DHTML properties: In IE7 zoom, some properties were treated as physical (e.g.: mouse coordinates) while others were logical (offset). This implementation essentially required web developers to be aware of or manually calculate the zoom state based on the property being used. In IE8 zoom, all DHTML properties are now assumed to be logical. This enables some key scenarios such as fly-out menus and “drag-and-drop”. There are a few known issues, such as the incorrect scaling with screen.width and screen.height, that were not addressed in Beta 1. These will be fixed in a future release.
    For more details and information on the scenarios mentioned above, and additional scenarios, such as those involving overflow, tables, etc., please see the Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Developers: Technology Overview.
  5. Joined
    08 Dec '09
    Moves
    05 May '13 09:24
    I'm also having problems moving my piece. To me the solution is simple. Fix the problem or tell me to quit!!!!
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 May '13 11:23
    Originally posted by malibumike
    I'm also having problems moving my piece. To me the solution is simple. Fix the problem or tell me to quit!!!!
    Did you try resetting your zoom on your browser? Did this fix your problem?

Hold "ctrl" key then press "0" (zero).

If this fixes your problem, please let me know.
  7. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    05 May '13 19:25
    I no longer have the problems In IE8, mentioned when the site went up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree