1. Joined
    11 Sep '09
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 00:04
    Hello.
    I am new to this, playing here for about a month. Now my wife found it really nice and created an account for herself. We have two comps in our place. Are we going to have any problems because two-accounts-one-person accusation?
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 00:58
    Originally posted by masniak
    Hello.
    I am new to this, playing here for about a month. Now my wife found it really nice and created an account for herself. We have two comps in our place. Are we going to have any problems because two-accounts-one-person accusation?
    Folk have their own style and ability of play so in short no. If however the style & ability were a match then eyebrows may be raised and games looked into.
  3. Joined
    11 Sep '09
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 01:56
    Alright, thanks. I don't think any of us present much of any style, but probably we dont play the same 🙂
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '09
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:251 edit
    I've often wondered about this kind of thing myself. How site admins determine whether it's a case of 2 people sharing 1 IP or 1 computer, or 1 person having 2 accounts. Perhaps as an extra precaution you should also avoid playing against your wife. This has the added benefit of preserving domestic harmony.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '10 20:33
    Originally posted by kkenji
    I've often wondered about this kind of thing myself. How site admins determine whether it's a case of 2 people sharing 1 IP or 1 computer, or 1 person having 2 accounts. Perhaps as an extra precaution you should also avoid playing against your wife. This has the added benefit of preserving domestic harmony.
    You certainly don't want a bunch of games with one player losing to fools or scholar's mate every time.

You also don't want to run around the forum constantly agreeing with the user on the same IP, this makes it look like the same person.

One Pro Tip for avoiding posting or playing chess moves from the same IP on the WRONG user name is the two players use two different chess sites.

One logs in at Redhotpawn or Playtheimmortal game while the other logs in at Timeforchess or chessatwork. That way when one sits down they can see instantly by color that they are logged in with the wrong name rather than posting or moving pieces under the other user's name.

P-
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '09
    Moves
    13 Feb '10 00:32
    lol .. excellent advice
  7. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 19:16
    When my son decided to get an account too, I emailed Russ to let him know what was happening.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree