Two accounts?

SubscriberBemused
Help 17 Sep '07 10:31
  1. Joined
    30 Aug '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 10:31
    Hi,

My wife wants to register at well, can you have two accounts on one machine , I've found another site that warns against this?

Cheers

Paul
  2. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 10:39
    Originally posted by Bemused
    Hi,

My wife wants to register at well, can you have two accounts on one machine , I've found another site that warns against this?

Cheers

Paul
    Yes you can... contact Russ.
  3. Joined
    30 Aug '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 10:58
    Originally posted by English Tal
    Thanks
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 13:34
    You might also consider using www.timeforchess.com or www.redhotchess.com while the other user at your house uses something like www.redhotpawn.com or any of the other sites.

That way you never make the mistake of logging in as the other player.

P-
  5. Joined
    30 Aug '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 23:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You might also consider using www.timeforchess.com or www.redhotchess.com while the other user at your house uses something like www.redhotpawn.com or any of the other sites.

That way you never make the mistake of logging in as the other player.

P-
    Good idea.
  6. Earth
    Moves
    19 Sep '07 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by English Tal
    Why does he have to contact Russ? The rules forbid a player creating more than one account, not two different players using the same machine with separate ones?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Sep '07 21:13
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Why does he have to contact Russ? The rules forbid a player creating more than one account, not two different players using the same machine with separate ones?
    It's always nice to give a heads up before Russ sees something that makes him think one person is using 2 names. I believe one player was banned, and was able to prove they were actually 2 people on same computer.

Contacting might avoid that happening.

P-
  8. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '07 21:22
    It's always nice to give a heads up before Russ sees something that makes him think one person is using 2 names. I believe one player was banned, and was able to prove they were actually 2 people on same computer.

Contacting might avoid that happening.

P-
    Agreed. I know two people who have done this... and Russ ok'd it no problem. Better safe than sorry.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 10:29
    I work in a company with thousands of emplyees. Our contact to the internet is cummunicated through a fire wall with one IP-adress only. I don't think anyone outside our company can differ one user from another. So from RHP's point of view we are a family of many members sharing the same computer/IP-adress, each having their own alias of course.

(Am I right in this?)

So a family of two members sharing the same computer is not a problem.
  10. Earth
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 19:171 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I work in a company with thousands of emplyees. Our contact to the internet is cummunicated through a fire wall with one IP-adress only. I don't think anyone outside our company can differ one user from another. So from RHP's point of view we are a family of many members sharing the same computer/IP-adress, each having their own alias of course.

(Am I right in this?)

So a family of two members sharing the same computer is not a problem.
    Agreed.
    My partner and I play on this site. It wouldn't take a genius to work out that we are separate people with our own style. We have never played each other which I think is one of the things cheats do to affect their rating?

I can see the argument presented by Phlabibit and English Tal, but my point was (I guess) about the rules, and I think I am right saying I (we) and Fabianfnas are not breaking any.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 19:21
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Agreed.
    My partner and I play on this site. It wouldn't take a genius to work out that we are separate people with our own style. We have never played each other which I think is one of the things cheats do to affect their rating?

I can see the argument presented by Phlabibit and English Tal, but my point was (I guess) about the rules, and I think I am right saying I (we) and Fabianfnas are not breaking any.
    I certainly didn't say anyone was breaking a rule, I'm just thinking back to the user who was put on the 3(a) list and removed from the list once they talked with admins.

P-
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 20:28
    I certainly didn't say anyone was breaking a rule, I'm just thinking back to the user who was put on the 3(a) list and removed from the list once they talked with admins.

P-
    How did they talk to the admins?
    Did they have to use another account to do that or was the original one still open?
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    22 Sep '07 02:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    How did they talk to the admins?
    Did they have to use another account to do that or was the original one still open?
    probably the send feedback link on the bottom of the rhp homepage. you dont have to be logged in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree