uchess forum

Standard memberToe
Help 27 Apr '04 21:20
  1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    27 Apr '04 21:20
    Yes I know its not this site, but it is associated...

I was thinking that as well as the major thread on uchess now, a new forum would (a) be very obvious to everyone: i.e. a bit of an advert, and (b) get a little bit of the warm fuzzy glow RHPers feel toward this site rubbed off onto uchess.

I would suspect such a forum should probably only be short lived enough to help on these aims.

A better idea now I think about it, but alas have already started typing, would be an additional option from the menu bar New game -> Uchess: possibly an open invite to uchess while still hanging about in RHP, or just a link tothe uchess site.
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '04 22:03
    I have asked for this too. I tihnk it's sensible and would help bring the many RHP users to the new uChess site, as well as have a dedicated area of focus at RHP for those in need of a fast move fix.

Not sure why but "management" seem against it.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 09:19
    After some thought, it does make a lot of sense to add one. I will just do another uChess revision before I make it live though. (uChess is in a beta phase really, and the more things I get fixed before any volume of people arrive, the better.)

-Russ
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 07:13
    Does anyone know where the Uchess forum has gone? Can someone post a link please?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 19:36
    Originally posted by elopawn
    Does anyone know where the Uchess forum has gone? Can someone post a link please?
    It was destroyed because people are idiots and always will be.

ES
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 10:341 edit
    I will probably close the uChess chat room too, soon. It is a little out of control, and I have wasted too much time fighting spammers and people trying to make trouble.

The site will stay available though, but anyone who subscribed should expect a partial refund soon.

-Russ
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 10:57
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will probably close the uChess chat room too soon. It is a little out of control, and I have wasted too much time fighting spammers and people trying to make trouble.

The site will stay available though, but anyone who subscribed should expect a partial refund soon.

-Russ
    And one excellent addition would be to be able to block chat messages ingame as well.

D
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 11:341 edit
    That is already possible.

-Russ
  9. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 12:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    I will probably close the uChess chat room too, soon. It is a little out of control, and I have wasted too much time fighting spammers and people trying to make trouble.

-Russ
    sounds somewhat doom-ish. Would it be a plan to incorperate uChess into RHP proper as a "blitz" game? e.g. A game started from the New Game menu, buddly lists, profile: only possible when both players currently logged in, settings for buddies only etc. Just looking at that, looks like a fair bit of work. But it could become another subscriber feature (said the starless).
  10. Joined
    03 Jul '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 13:20
    Originally posted by Toe
    sounds somewhat doom-ish. Would it be a plan to incorperate uChess into RHP proper as a "blitz" game? e.g. A game started from the New Game menu, buddly lists, profile: only possible when both players currently logged in, settings for buddies only etc. Just looking at that, looks like a fair bit of work. But it could become another subscriber feature (said the starless).
    Very good idea.
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '05 08:02
    http://uchess.proboards38.com/index.cgi
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '05 22:30
    UChess -- Stopping Chesswizardry from mocking people and threatening them with booting would have saved the main chat room in uchess from what i witnessed on that site.
  13. Forgotten
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 01:11
    i just found this thread
    you dont know the whole story
    99% of the time the "player"wizz was talking to was crapbasket
    and crappy isnt exactly a fair player nor is he a gentleman
    nor does he have manners or hygene
    chesswizardry is a cool guy and he is doing the best job that he can at keeping uchess basket free
    as am i
    cheers
    art
  14. Chicago, IL
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 07:071 edit
    I disagree. I have been threatened by mr Chesswizard dozens of times. he has made up rules as he pleases, and throws them at me saying I violated them. Yet, these rules are posted no where in the Terms of Use or FAQ or any written rule any where on the site. He's threatened to boot me several times, I've been polite and responded showing him the email he had sent to me prior with the so called rules and warning. The first warning I got was that I was not allowed to play the same player more than 6 times in a row. [side note, on uchess I play 1min blitz]. I don't like the rule and it doesn't officially exist, but ok, whatever. I will admit I didn't always follow the so called rule to the "T" because at 2am my time, there isn't always 30 different people to choose from to play. but, for the most part... if there was someone else to play I would mix it up and play someone else. I was left alone for a few months. Then I got warned again...this time he threatened to boot me because I had played the same person more than 4 times in a row. I showed him the email saying he told me six, and he backed off. Some time passed, then he throws back at me that I'm not allowed to play the same person more than 4 times in ONE day!!! what the heck?!!? anyways, I show him the 6 game limit email, the 4 game limit and the whole thread. I can't remember what he said, but if anyone really cares I'll repost it. Anyways, I was let off with another warning with yet another new rule. then, one night I played some guy better than me a bunch of times. I lost most of the games. he was better than me, what can I say? anywys, I played him more than 4 times that day... probably a dozen or so times as there was no one else to play. anyways, chess wizard just comes on and says he's booting me. I replied it not such a respectful manner because I've had enough of his She-it, but as far as I'm concerned, the guy deserves no respect. I am not a cheater. I do not throw games. I do not taunt people. I am not a bad lemmon on the site. I use the site as intended... to play chess. period. now, I don't know what kind of vision he has for the site... but apparently it's not a vision where you are able to play freely, and certainly doesn't take kindly to blitz players. There are many people I have played hundreds if not thousands of times on the site over the years that will vouch for my character and what not. Even still at this time, I have like the 3rd or 4th most games played on the site. I loved playing there, and was pretty much addicted to the site. Getting booted was a mixed blessing of sorts, but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the experience and I think the chesswizard needs a boot up his rear.

If you notice, I'm a paid subscriber here on RHP now for several years too. I don't cheat here... if I am I'm not doing a good job of it with my sub 1400 rating right now. If uchess were a paid subscription site like RHP, I would pay to play there as well. The only reason I have interest in playing there still is because I haven't found a blitz site that can compare to uchess. but alas... I cannot. at least not under my current name, but I don't see the point in playing there under a different name. heaven forbid I play somebody more than 4 times I'll get booted from the stie yet again. no thanks. I'll just have to work on my slow game.

I know I'm rambling along at this point... but in my opinion, the chesswizard is the worst thing to happen to uchess. if anyone starts a petition to remove him from the site, I'll be fighting to be first in line to sign. If anyone knows how I can get back on the site under my current name (Ibeatscurvey) I'd thank you a million times over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree