1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 00:561 edit
    Same problem here.

I registered, and it saves my emal and password. When I log in, up at the top right it says I'm logged in as Marc, but at the same time a message box appears in the middle of the frame saying I'm not logged in.

I did try exiting and re-entering, and I also rebooted my computer and tried it, but no luck yet.

Marc
  2. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 00:57
    You got it. I reregistered a new name and am getting on sometimes with that one. Kookie though.....😀
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 01:02
    I have registered as trekkie. Logged out, then logged back in. I am not experiencing any of the problems others seem to be having.

-trekkie
  4. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 01:04
    I am on and noone else is. Except two people who won't talk or accept my games. I know I smell bad but seriously, it's only internet chess people. 😀
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 08:07
    I think I know what the problem is - I can duplicate this one.

Please go to http://WWW.uchess.com, NOT http://uchess.com.

I will add a quick fix to redirect from uchess.com to www.uchess.com so this can't happen in future.

-Russ

6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 08:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    I think I know what the problem is - I can duplicate this one.

Please go to http://WWW.uchess.com, NOT http://uchess.com.

I will add a quick fix to redirect from uchess.com to www.uchess.com so this can't happen in future.

-Russ

No change Russ.
    Still having the same problem. I was already going to www.uchess.com anyway.

Marc
  7. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 09:19
    Hey, just registered etc, looks like fun 😉 Hey Russ, any chance of a link from this site to uchess in the future?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 09:28
    I will be adding one shortly. It should help give the new site a google boost too.

-Russ
  9. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    21 Apr '04 09:40
    You`re a good man Russ.
  10. Standard memberturtlex
    Picard Is My Captain
    United States
    Moves
    26 Apr '04 11:07
    Hey Russ - First, just wanted to say thanks for the UCHESS site. I spent some time playing this weekend and had a good time doing so.

A couple of things, that might be bugs I think.

With regards to the time limit on the games. The countdown tickers (clocks) were different for me and my opponent. We got to the point where my opponent reached 00:00 on my clock and it said I won the game (yipee). However, when speaking with them, they indicated their clock still showed something like three minutes left to go on their time.

Also, once the game ended, my timer kept counting down still.

Thought you'd like to know of these issues.

Thanks again.
    Best regards,
    turtlex
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Apr '04 08:21
    Originally posted by turtlex
    Hey Russ - First, just wanted to say thanks for the UCHESS site. I spent some time playing this weekend and had a good time doing so.

A couple of things, that might be bugs I think.

With regards to the time limit on the games. The countdown tickers (clocks) were different for me and my opponent. We got to the point where my opponent reached 00:00 on m ...[text shortened]... till.

Thought you'd like to know of these issues.

Thanks again.
    Best regards,
    turtlex
    Unfortunately, I inserted a massive bug in the last days of development of version 0.1.1 which caused this clock error.

I uploaded a new version last night which fixed the clock synchronisation problems (0.1.2) and a whole lot more besides.

-Russ
  12. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 08:232 edits
    Had my first Uchess game last night! Somebody was there!

First the bug(s)

I think my opponent got disconnected (or simply left perhaps): his time merry ticked to zero and nothing happened. No game win, not end, nothing. No way out: I offered draws and all sorts but eventually just had to exit and abandon the game.

The general experience was very good: the 'blitz' element very obvious: I was making many moves without the slightest time to think about them! Which was I admit fun.

Thoughts / ideas

1) To allow longer games to exist, consider on of two optional settings. (a) time per move and the clock (c.f. RHP), say 5 to 10 seconds per move, then onto your clock (b) possibly simpler: just +6sec to clock per successful move

2) The ability to see if other players are onsite but playing. It looks very lonely... And a button to turn this on/off once Uchess becomes busy 🙂

3) Another setting per game: Public or Private. On public games, anyone can open a view of that game (without the comments)

4) sound: the new message and your move sounds are not that distinct: when typing in comments, I often didn't know it had become my move. Cool(?) idea: while it is your turn, do a "heart-beat" sound: three levels (or more) of speed as a function of clock time remaining...

5) again, to make 'your move now' clearer, do a big colour thing somewhere: e.g. highlighted box around the board

And I think that will no doubt do for now. Well done though Russ. Enjoyed it.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 09:171 edit
    Originally posted by Toe
    Had my first Uchess game last night! Somebody was there!

4) sound: the new message and your move sounds are not that distinct: when typing in comments, I often didn't know it had become my move. Cool(?) idea: while it is your turn, do a "h ...[text shortened]... vels (or more) of speed as a function of clock time remaining...
    The heart beat idea does sound like fun! I'm sure it would drive people nuts...but it would pile on the stress (as if I don't get stressed enough as the timer ticks down)

The disconnection is a little more worrying though. It is really hard to confirm what happened in your case. I must confess, I have not really tested over a bad connection - so at a later date I will build in code for reconnecting if the line drops for a short period. (Easy to test, you just pull your modem plug for 10 seconds... 🙂 )

-Russ
  14. England
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 11:20
    sorry canot get any thing going after log on as electrode just a cream screen and at bottem the loading up blue line gets to half way and stops no matter how long i wait so its back here i am.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Apr '04 12:451 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    sorry canot get any thing going after log on as electrode just a cream screen and at bottem the loading up blue line gets to half way and stops no matter how long i wait so its back here i am.
    What OS do you use? What browser???? Are you behind a firewall???? Let us know and with luck someone can help you get on.

I was told that Netscape will work, if it is all "up to date".... I use IE 6 and have no troubles. Win XP.....

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree