Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member shalott
    Rotten Chess Onion
    28 Nov '03 21:49
    Hi all,
    I am having trouble loggin into RHP from my home PC. It has been since the recent security enhancements.

    I make certain that I am logging out of RHP from my pc at work, but still and not able to log in from home. The error message that I receive when attempting to log into RHP from home indicates that the security enhancements will no longer allow a user to remain logged in at more than one location.

    It has become very frustrating, although I see the benefits of the security improvements, I am at a loss as to a solution.

    Can any one help? Or point me in the correct direction? :'(

    Much thanks,

    (I moved this post from the general thread)
  2. 29 Nov '03 01:22
    Originally posted by shalott
    Hi all,
    I am having trouble loggin into RHP from my home PC. It has been since the recent security enhancements.

    I make certain that I am logging out of RHP from my pc at work, but still and not able to log in from home. The error message that I receive when attempting to log into RHP from home indicates that the security enhancements will no longer al ...[text shortened]... e in the correct direction? :'(

    Much thanks,

    (I moved this post from the general thread)
    Ok, Right click on 'my settings' in the red tool bar at the top of the RHP 'home page' In the drop down select 'my site settings'
    Wait for the page change and then check the box with 'enable multiple browsers....' Go to the 'update' icon, right click and after the page change, check that the update has been accepted (read only)and then return to RHP home. Try logging on again. If you are unable to then it may be your browser and/or the security settings.
    Re-post if you still have problems.

    BR's skeeter
  3. Standard member snl
    29 Nov '03 04:46
    Originally posted by shalott
    Hi all,
    I am having trouble loggin into RHP from my home PC. It has been since the recent security enhancements.

    I make certain that I am logging out of RHP from my pc at work, but still and not able to log in from home. The error message that I receive when attempting to log into RHP from home indicates that the security enhancements will no longer al ...[text shortened]... e in the correct direction? :'(

    Much thanks,

    (I moved this post from the general thread)
    it could be that you have the "cookies disable" setting set under your internet security options.
    snl
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    29 Nov '03 20:15 / 2 edits
    Some people are having problems logging in - you are not alone. The fact that you can log in from one location, and not another illustrates the difficulty here. Every machine I have tried (which is quite a few) work fine. But a small minority can't log in at all.

    So, I have tried to diagnose the problem with one user’s help - and I am still non the wiser. Not the answer you are looking for, I know, but I really don't know why a few people have this problem.

    [If I found a machine I could use which did suffer from this, I'm sure I could fix it...]

    -Russ

    BTW : Do you login, see you 'My Home' page, and then on the next click end up back at the home page with the cookie error text?
  5. 30 Nov '03 13:51
    Originally posted by missal
    Ok, Right click on 'my settings' in the red tool bar at the top of the RHP 'home page' In the drop down select 'my site settings'
    Wait for the page change and then check the box with 'enable multiple browsers....' Go to the 'update' icon, right click and after the page change, check that the update has been accepted (read only)and then return to ...[text shortened]... r browser and/or the security settings.
    Re-post if you still have problems.

    BR's skeeter
    I know only one person who writes BR's Skeeter at the bottom of his posts and that is...Skeeter...

    What's up with this?

    Olav
  6. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    30 Nov '03 17:18
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    I know only one person who writes BR's Skeeter at the bottom of his posts and that is...Skeeter...

    What's up with this?

    Olav
    Yep, my post. Didn't notice Ally was still logged on - thats networking for you It does look a bit sus so I have advised Russ.

    BR's skeeter
  7. Standard member shalott
    Rotten Chess Onion
    01 Dec '03 14:55
    Hello Russ,
    Yes, when I log in to RHP from home I get to my home page, I can see that I have messages and games waiting. However, when I click on the hyperlink to take me to my games, I am sent back to a log on indicating that my user name or password are incorrect. I re-enter the information and then an sent back to the RHP home page with an error indicating that it is no longer possible to remain logged in at multiple locations. (although I had logged out of RHP from the other pc)

    Thank you for your assistance in trouble shooting this problem, I very much enjoy this site and long to be able to get back to my normal playing routine. Also, my apologies for my delay in responding, I am only back to work today and it appears this is the only location from where I can log into RHP.

    Thanks again,
  8. Standard member shalott
    Rotten Chess Onion
    03 Dec '03 20:39
    Originally posted by missal
    Ok, Right click on 'my settings' in the red tool bar...select 'my site settings'...with 'enable multiple browsers....' Try logging on again. If you are unable to then it may be your browser and/or the security settings.
    Re-post if you still have problems.

    BR's skeeter
    Thanks for the suggestions, I made the changes, but unforunately, still no luck. I hope there is a solution soon. :'(