Unable to move any piece

Unable to move any piece

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
14 Aug 08
2 edits

Hiya - I am unable to move any of my pieces - what's the reason for this?

lol - I see my opponent has beaten me to the forum...

DS

Moves
14 Aug 08

Originally posted by TRANSLTR
Hiya - I am unable to move any of my pieces - what's the reason for this?

lol - I see my opponent has beaten me to the forum...
Try clearing cache as a first step.

CTRL+F5

T

Moves
14 Aug 08

I just tried this, and emptied temporary internet files, cookies, history, but still no joy I'm afraid.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
14 Aug 08

Slightly different problem, but try this (thanks again to "orangutan" for the original post):

orangutan
ook

Originally posted by MontyMoose
I have to refresh my game waiting list AND refresh each game individually before I get the correct position. I'm going to lose a piece one of these days because of this. I also have to refresh each thread of the forums.
(end)

I don't think this is anything that this site is doing. I've got no trouble.

Do you access the internet through a proxy server of any sort?
If you are using a proxy sever it could be doing the caching.

Note: Depending on your ISP you could have transparent proxy servers - there's not much that can be done about that - the ISP's put them in place so that the amount of bandwidth they consume is limited.

Have you tried making sure that your browser always requests up-to-date pages?
I.E : tools->internet options->general tab->settings for temp. internet files. Make sure the "every visit" option is selected.
Firefox: tools->options->advanced -> network tab. Set the cache size to zero.

A zero size cache in Firefox does not prevent cacheing altogether. To do that go to about:config type browser.cache in the filter field and set the disk.cache and memory.cache values to false. This will probably slow everything down a bit as everything now has to be fetched from the server every time.

f

Riga

Moves
07 Sep 08

I have a similar problem. I can move the pieces but I can't press the ‘Submit move’ button. It has just a look of a button but it is probably not in my FireFox. A week or two ago it was okay. I was able to make moves at that time.

Digital Alchemist

Moves
07 Sep 08

Originally posted by fiMiko
I have a similar problem. I can move the pieces but I can't press the ‘Submit move’ button. It has just a look of a button but it is probably not in my FireFox. A week or two ago it was okay. I was able to make moves at that time.
If you are using the Greasemonkey script "Game Score" try disabling it or getting the new version from http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/