1. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 04:53
    3 opponents unexpectedly went on vacation for multiple weeks without telling me beforehand and it appears to be a running trend on the site. Frankly the first couple of times the vacation thing popped up, no biggie. But now I'm getting annoyed because the players don't bother to tell you before they go and often are gone for weeks at a time just getting back in time to make a move so they don't officially lose the game. Including one guy who got back the night his timer ran out after I'd gone to sleep for the night, made a move, and then timed himself out never making another move. I'm starting to agree with the people who seize the timeout skull wins. Is it considered bad manners to take timeout wins from opponents who go on vacation for multiple weeks without letting you know in advance?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 08:42
    Originally posted by DoctorDara
    3 opponents unexpectedly went on vacation for multiple weeks without telling me beforehand and it appears to be a running trend on the site. Frankly the first couple of times the vacation thing popped up, no biggie. But now I'm getting annoyed because the players don't bother to tell you before they go and often are gone for weeks at a time just getting b ...[text shortened]... s from opponents who go on vacation for multiple weeks without letting you know in advance?
    In my profile I state that I always take skulls, whenever I can. So this I do.

(Not really actually, if people politely ask to not to be timed out during his vacation and has a good reason, then I don't.)

I never feel ashamed taking the skull, why should I? Why would you? People are responsible for their times, were all adults (over 13 years), aren't we?
  3. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 11:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In my profile I state that I always take skulls, whenever I can. So this I do.

(Not really actually, if people politely ask to not to be timed out during his vacation and has a good reason, then I don't.)

I never feel ashamed taking the skull, why should I? Why would you? People are responsible for their times, were all adults (over 13 years), aren't we?
    Thanks. Just want to be polite. Guess that's pointless.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 11:59
    Thanks. Just want to be polite. Guess that's pointless.
    No no, be polite! It's not pointless, believe me!

This is how I do. I rais the vacation flag, give a vacation message for how long I'm going to take the vacation and when I will be back. Moreover, I send everyone a personal mail where I explain what I going to do, where I'm going, and other stuff about the vacation. I haven't experienced any loss due to time out, yet. It is good to be polite.

I'ts to people who is not polite i don't feel ashamed of when I skull him out. If they politely ask for mercy, I give mercy. Always! (Am I?)

So be polite, even in the future. But be harsh to them not being polite.

In my opinion...
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 12:25
    Wassup?
  6. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 13:511 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No no, be polite! It's not pointless, believe me!

This is how I do. I rais the vacation flag, give a vacation message for how long I'm going to take the vacation and when I will be back. Moreover, I send everyone a personal mail where I explain what I going to do, where I'm going, and other stuff about the vacation. I haven't experienced any loss due t be polite, even in the future. But be harsh to them not being polite.

In my opinion...
    Ok, that sounds like a fair middle ground. It's not that I mind waiting, it's that I mind not getting a note or an advance warning of some kind because I wouldn't have played them knowing they were going to be gone a significant time period during the game. It's especially unfair to people who aren't subscribers and one of the major reasons I got a subscription to combat this.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 14:18
    Ok, that sounds like a fair middle ground. It's not that I mind waiting, it's that I mind not getting a note or an advance warning of some kind because I wouldn't have played them knowing they were going to be gone a significant time period during the game. It's especially unfair to people who aren't subscribers and one of the major reasons I got a subscription to combat this.
    At the time I was a non sub, these 6 games I was admitted to were very preasures ones. I was, as I remember, very annoyed just spoiling one (or two) of my games doing nothing, and there I sat waiting to time them out.

Nowadays, I don't care. I have too many games going already.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree