1. Joined
    20 Oct '12
    Moves
    18 May '14 21:28
    My opponent was several hours over the time-out (1 day with no time-out). I waited until several hours had elapsed and was considering messaging him prior to claiming a time-out win when the "on vacation" symbol appeared out of the blue. Even more astonishing my opponent moved and has moved several times in a few hours. I was so taken by surprise that I lost concentration and lost a piece plus two pawns. I now have to go abroad on holiday but haven't started subscribing as yet and cannot claim a vacation it seems. Is there anything I can do?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:12
    Originally posted by rowla1
    My opponent was several hours over the time-out (1 day with no time-out). I waited until several hours had elapsed and was considering messaging him prior to claiming a time-out win when the "on vacation" symbol appeared out of the blue. Even more astonishing my opponent moved and has moved several times in a few hours. I was so taken by surprise that I lost ...[text shortened]... n't started subscribing as yet and cannot claim a vacation it seems. Is there anything I can do?
    I think there's more queries regarding timeout and vacation flags on this thread than anything else.In your case it looks like your opponent miscalculated slightly on when to book his vacation time.As to what you can do -explain your situation and ask him not to time you out.
    I'll try and clarify everything and make a note of whats below so I can paste it into future queries:-
    1.You are not entitled to vacation time until you subscribe.
    2.You cannot claim a timeout win while your opponents flag is showing.
    3.Vacation flags work on gmt, NOT on the local time in your part of the world so book an extra day if required.
    4.Vacation time is limited to 36 days per year for all subscribers whether you have been a subscriber for a day or since the site was launched.
    5.All the vacation flag does is protect you from timeout loss once your timrout has expired.
    6.The time clock continues to run regardless of whether your vacation flag is up or not so it's pointless setting the flag while you have time left on your clock.I set mine for when the time runs out on my "least timeout remaining" game until up to a day or so after I return from vacation.
    6.Once timeout time is lost in a game it can never be regained in that game.
    7..You are allowed to move while your vacation flag is showing.
    I hopr that covers everything

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree