1. Joined
    30 Sep '10
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 22:09
    Is there anyway to find out how long someone else has a current vacation time set for? (aside from asking them)

I've got a game I can't wait to get rid of, a 3/7. He vindictively lets the time run up to just short of 3 days before moving, despite the fact that he's moving on his other boards - I've checked. And just when the time bank was nearly gone, he goes on vacation!! I'd like to know when his vacation is over.... I'll get up at 2 or 3am just to hit the skull.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 04:36
    Originally posted by Akavrac
    Is there anyway to find out how long someone else has a current vacation time set for? (aside from asking them)

I've got a game I can't wait to get rid of, a 3/7. He vindictively lets the time run up to just short of 3 days before moving, despite the fact that he's moving on his other boards - I've checked. And just when the time bank was nearly gone, he ...[text shortened]... like to know when his vacation is over.... I'll get up at 2 or 3am just to hit the skull.
    sorry, there is no way to get that information.

we've had lots of discussions on this topic in the site ideas and many have requested access to this information

it's not likely to happen any time soon
  3. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 09:41
    I too mostly wait until the end of the move period before I move. During that time I will be moving in other games, ie those where the move period is nearly at an end. That's not "vindictive" - it's how I like to use my time to enable me to get on with the more important parts of my life. If I haven't got time to move at all I would set my vacation flag - that's what it's for. It doesn't mean (and never has) that the player is really away on holiday.

You're a subscriber and can have as many games as you like. Why bother about this one? Why accept a 3/7 game when your profile makes it clear that you prefer shorter limits? To say you would get up at 2am simply to click a skull says more about you than it does about your opponent.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 17:28
    There was a change in times between moves halfway through the game, that's why I called it vindictive; going from about every day to 3-4 days between moves
    . And I do normally go after 1/3 games, but will do some 3/7.

And the 2am bit says more about my work hours than me. I have an unusual schedule and never sleep at the same times from day to day. So me planning to be up at 2a is no different that someone else planning to stay up or get up an hour or two earlier than they normally do.

It's just a game I want to get rid of for a variety of reasons.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 19:39
    Originally posted by Akavrac
    There was a change in times between moves halfway through the game, that's why I called it vindictive; going from about every day to 3-4 days between moves
    . And I do normally go after 1/3 games, but will do some 3/7.

And the 2am bit says more about my work hours than me. I have an unusual schedule and never sleep at the same times from day to day. So m ...[text shortened]... ier than they normally do.

It's just a game I want to get rid of for a variety of reasons.
    If I had a game that bothered me that much, I would just resign. End of problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree