1. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jul '04 21:03
    When your on vacation i dont think its fair because you can still be timed out. Russ should change that so that people who do go on vacation can not be timed out
  2. UK
    Moves
    10 Jul '04 21:58
    Originally posted by jameswoodley
    When your on vacation i dont think its fair because you can still be timed out. Russ should change that so that people who do go on vacation can not be timed out
    No he shouldn't.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    10 Jul '04 22:16
    Yeah,so everyone when it's about to be timeouted will put the vacation flag and games will become endless.................
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jul '04 22:21
    Personally, I don't think there should be a vacation flag at all. It's 2004, who can't get to the internet once every three days or so? Besides if the players want to agree not to time out each other because of special circumstances they can work that out between themselves. To paraphrase Tom Hanks, "There's no vacations in chess!!!"
  5. Sanremo
    Moves
    11 Jul '04 08:22
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Yeah,so everyone when it's about to be timeouted will put the vacation flag and games will become endless.................
    Simply he could set that between a vacation flag and another must pass minimum 2 or 3 weeks, so none can abuse about it. I don't think that people go in vacation every week or so often!
    Cristina
  6. Wellington, NZ
    Moves
    11 Jul '04 09:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Personally, I don't think there should be a vacation flag at all. It's 2004, who can't get to the internet once every three days or so? Besides if the players want to agree not to time out each other because of special circumstances they can work that out between themselves. To paraphrase Tom Hanks, "There's no vacations in chess!!!"
    What if you have many games going? Would you expect people to message all their opponents, or make it easier by having the vacation flag with a message to everyone?
  7. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '04 13:48
    If You have a really high rating when you go on hoilday for about 2 weeks you come back and your rating has gone way down because people have to timed you out.

I had a really high rating once until i went on vacation and it went way down, i now have to get it back up which will take like a year 2 do that vacation thing really anoys me 😠
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '04 13:51
    Try using the timebank settings. Sounds like you'd be better playing games that have a 21 day time bank to avoid this problem.
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '04 14:41
    That's the way to go.

A 7 day timeout / 21 day timebank game will ( as an example ) allow you 7 days + your 21 day timebank = 28 days - plenty of time for a holiday!!!

Even a 3/7 will get you 10 days!

Just cut down on the number of games you are playing if you expect to be away for a bit...
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '04 14:451 edit
    This is the only way to avoid time out. Vacation Flags aren't reliable. My clan usually play 3 day no time bank (or 3 day 7 at a push),however due to it being holiday season I have been setting up all our challenges as 3 day time out 14 day time bank to allow my members to go away on holiday without worry. It can be done, just takes a bit of planning.
  11. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Jul '04 17:21
    people can take advantage of that
  12. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    14 Jul '04 17:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    i disagree
  13. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '04 17:11
    maybe? Thats actally a good point
  14. Joined
    17 May '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '04 17:54
    As I side note, how do you put up a vaction flag? I have yet to figure that one out....
  15. UK
    Moves
    16 Jul '04 05:30
    Originally posted by herrudeness
    As I side note, how do you put up a vaction flag? I have yet to figure that one out....
    My Settings - My Vacation Settings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree