Vacation Status

Vacation Status

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
26 Jul 04

Originally posted by jameswoodley
If You have a really high rating when you go on hoilday for about 2 weeks you come back and your rating has gone way down because people have to timed you out.

I had a really high rating once until i went on vacation and it went way down, i now have to get it back up which will take like a year 2 do that vacation thing really anoys me 😠
it deserves to go down you lying theif

WM

Moves
26 Jul 04

Originally posted by tlai1992
it deserves to go down you lying theif
Yikes!😲

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
26 Jul 04

Originally posted by Windsor Mike
Yikes!😲
read my message in the forum about a cheating clan leader and you'll understand

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
27 Jul 04

I will be going on vacation for about two weeks starting tomorrow and I will NOT have access to a computer or the internet. I don't know what the big deal is. So much is given on trust at RHP, not to use second opinions, or computer analysis, etc. and then on vacation timeouts everyone turns into Mr. Suspicion. Since I'll be gone for slightly more than two weeks, I know when I come back many of my opponents will have cashed in their win even though I left a message and set my vacation flag. It's human nature. As I remember, over on Gameknot, you simply left a message when you went on vacation and messaged when you got back. I don't recall anybody stiffing anybody else out of a point.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
27 Jul 04

Originally posted by buddy2
[b As I remember, over on Gameknot, you simply left a message when you went on vacation and messaged when you got back. I don't recall anybody stiffing anybody else out of a point.[/b]
Just a big precisation.
On Gameknot the game is postponed and if your opponent makes a move during the postponement you're able to cancel this postponement and return to the original time control.
Last but not the least on Gameknot timeouts are automatic.
The sistem,even if I don't like it,is much better here for someone who goes on holyday.

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
27 Jul 04

Not sure I understand why it's better at RHP than Gameknot. Maybe you can explain more. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to read your answer in time, because I'll be on vacation!

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
27 Jul 04

Originally posted by buddy2
Not sure I understand why it's better at RHP than Gameknot. Maybe you can explain more. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to read your answer in time, because I'll be on vacation!
Man,it's so simple.........
Here timeouts on vacation are taken to player's discretion,on gameknot a second after postponement ends timeout is taken automatically,so if you'll be back an hour after your vacaytion settings you'll find all games timeouted.
On RHP there's a slight chance that someone waits till you're back from holyday to play the game.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
28 Jul 04

Originally posted by Ravello
Man,it's so simple.........
Here timeouts on vacation are taken to player's discretion,on gameknot a second after postponement ends timeout is taken automatically,so if you'll be back an hour after your vacaytion settings you'll find all games timeouted.
On RHP there's a slight chance that someone waits till you're back from holyday to play the game.
I much prefer the system as it is implemented here.

I hardly ever time anyone out, it is a hollow victory and I'd much prefer to complete the game than have the computer decide that I have "won".

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
28 Jul 04

wot the hell is your problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell are you talking about get it rite tim you took 10 of my members thats why i was trying to take them back from you its you that is a theif!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m
Moo

UK

Moves
28 Jul 04

Originally posted by jameswoodley
wot the hell is your problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell are you talking about get it rite tim you took 10 of my members thats why i was trying to take them back from you its you that is a theif!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?