1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 05:06
    I'm playing a game with a vacation flag. Is there a way to find out how long the vacation flag is set for?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 05:44
    eternity
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 05:44
    only if your opponent has put it in their profile.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 08:42
    Originally posted by coquette
    eternity
    Please don't post bogus advice in the Help forum.

D
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 08:48
    Originally posted by erice1
    I'm playing a game with a vacation flag. Is there a way to find out how long the vacation flag is set for?
    You could PM your opponent and ask.

D
  6. Standard memberWhiteknuckle
    High Priest–Low Cult
    Sudan, TX USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 18:50
    I also am looking a a vacation flag. But, this game is a one day timeout with no time bank. My opponent has timed out. So, if the clock starts again after vacation or when he wishes, does that mean I will immediately see a skull? In other words, when will the his skull be activated? I click them.
    blue skies, whtnukle πŸ˜•
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 19:381 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Please don't post bogus advice in the Help forum.

D
    You suck!

...the fun out of fora!

edit - I promise it'd have been funnier without the edit.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 06:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You could PM your opponent and ask.

D
    Remember that whatever answer you get is not enforcible.

And I would also recommend checking often as vacations can be cancelled easily.

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
  9. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 07:57
    Originally posted by Whtnukle
    I also am looking a a vacation flag. But, this game is a one day timeout with no time bank. My opponent has timed out. So, if the clock starts again after vacation or when he wishes, does that mean I will immediately see a skull? In other words, when will the his skull be activated? I click them.
    blue skies, whtnukle πŸ˜•
    You will not see a skull as long as your opponent moves before his vacation period expires - that's the point of the vacation timeout immunity. If he's daft enough to let his vacation expire without moving, then you will see a skull straight away.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 21:54
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    You will not see a skull as long as your opponent moves before his vacation period expires - that's the point of the vacation timeout immunity. If he's daft enough to let his vacation expire without moving, then you will see a skull straight away.
    Thanks, I'm 17 days and waiting on this vacation timer. I have no problems with vacations, just wish I knew how much longer. Is there a limit as to how many vacation days someone can take or is it unlimited?
  11. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 22:10
    36 days in each calendar year.
  12. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 22:16
    Originally posted by erice1
    Thanks, I'm 17 days and waiting on this vacation timer. I have no problems with vacations, just wish I knew how much longer. Is there a limit as to how many vacation days someone can take or is it unlimited?
    Subs can take a maximum of 36 vacation days a year.

For all users, the 'year' is calculated as 1st Jan through till the 31st December - not from when they joined or started subscribing. In theory the longest continuous vacation is 72 days - November 26th through till February 5th.

Currently there is no way to see how long another user has of vacation or when they are going to take it.

I'd like to see at least how long the 'current' vacation period is for a vacationing user.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 09:07
    Originally posted by orangutan
    ...I'd like to see at least how long the 'current' vacation period is for a vacationing user.
    For that to be of any real use, vacations would have to be non-cancellable.
    Which they are not at this time.
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 17:28
    since non-subs cannot add on games to take up the slack when opponents take long vacations, it is in RHP's interest to allow long vacations with little means of investigating an opponent's available vacation time. In frustration some un-subs will pay up in order to add games.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 07:03
    Originally posted by carjacker
    In frustration some un-subs will pay up in order to add games.
    Or they may just leave for another site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree