1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 20:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I didn't say that. The difference should remain outside the games. 6 game limit, no tournaments nor clans, no avatars, etc...

But from the point where a game starts, the conditions should be the same between a sub and a non-sub.
    Hear hear!

rec'd.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 20:51
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    rec'd.
    How did you do that? 😉
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 21:08
    I didn't say that. The difference should remain outside the games. 6 game limit, no tournaments nor clans, no avatars, etc...

But from the point where a game starts, the conditions should be the same between a sub and a non-sub.
    I disagree, if I want to use my vacation time, why because I am playing non-sub should I not be able to? Not all things are equal unless you are both subs, as it should be!
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 22:45
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    How did you do that? 😉
    Only you and I know how. 😉
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 22:46
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I disagree, if I want to use my vacation time, why because I am playing non-sub should I not be able to? Not all things are equal unless you are both subs, as it should be!
    Well if you feel justified in paying to have a longer timebank than your opponent, carry on.
    Don't play me though.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 18:16
    Well if you feel justified in paying to have a longer timebank than your opponent, carry on.
    Don't play me though.
    :'( Oh no, what will I do for games now!
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 21:09
    Thinking times are a part of a game. The game should be the same for all members to be fair.
    What about the rule of en passant? Same for everyone. Castling rights? Same for all. So should the vacation right be: Same for everyone.
    But this is just my opinion. I'm not going to fight this. That the non-subs must do. Not me.
    ..making this to be the last posting in this matter.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 21:38
    Thinking times are a part of a game. The game should be the same for all members to be fair.
    What about the rule of en passant? Same for everyone. Castling rights? Same for all. So should the vacation right be: Same for everyone.
    But this is just my opinion. I'm not going to fight this. That the non-subs must do. Not me.
    ..making this to be the last posting in this matter.
    You are comparing apples and oranges. En passant and castling are rules of the game.

Being able to use Vacation time, is something we get for being a paying subscriber to the site. I think it would be unfair to ask me not to use my vacation time, if I needed it, simply because I was playing a non-sub.
  9. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 00:00
    You are comparing apples and oranges. En passant and castling are rules of the game.

Being able to use Vacation time, is something we get for being a paying subscriber to the site. I think it would be unfair to ask me not to use my vacation time, if I needed it, simply because I was playing a non-sub.
    So you are happy to use an advantage that is yours purely financially?
  10. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 03:383 edits
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I like the idea of a "sealed move" concept - where a game would be "adjourned" for a specific amount of time.

I would propose that these "adjourned games" not count towards the 6 board limit during the time they are adjourned. It would be kind of like baseball's disabled lists which allow teams to bring in another player to fill the roster spot. There o agree to drop a game rather than sit through a lengthy "vacation" or "adjournment"
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 04:08
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I am happy to have the option if I need the time for what ever reason, to be able to use my vacation flag.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 12:54
    So is to use the time to think. (a rule of chess.)

As a sub I can use 36 days to think more than the alotted time for the game. A non-sub how much?

Who is the apple, who is the pear?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 15:07
    Don't play me though.
    I'll play you any time I like!

😠
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 15:08
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I'll play you too!

P-
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 15:16
    Many subs only play subs, many non-subs only play non subs.

Many subs are honest and will say if or when they plan to vacation... or promise to keep a non-sub's game moving.

Subs pay and have a feature of 36 extra days each year. If a non-sub wants vacation, or more games than 6 at a time, they can shell out money for a great service.

They are also welcome to play for free.

Nuff said.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree