1. Joined
    25 Feb '10
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 21:29
    Hiall, I'm a visual impaired user and I don't know how to submit my move in a game.. I think on the screen there is a board game but I am not able to read graphics.. is there any suggesion for my problem? maybe some setting or way to input algebric coords? thanks to all ciao Guendy
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 02:27
    Can you see the pieces on the board? If so click on the piece you want to move and then click the square you want to move to. No way that I know of to enter moves or code in notation.
  3. Joined
    25 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 03:08
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Can you see the pieces on the board? If so click on the piece you want to move and then click the square you want to move to. No way that I know of to enter moves or code in notation.
    hi, board on the screen is unaccessible for a screenreader cause totally graphic output.. On Gk to input a move I must add a text string to the myturnpage url..
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 06:33
    I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that this is possible using the mobile version of RHP - mobile.redhotpawn.com.
  5. Joined
    25 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 08:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that this is possible using the mobile version of RHP - mobile.redhotpawn.com.
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion.. I've tryied on my mobile but it seems the same.. I've set the board style for mobile output but... :-)
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 12:36
    Originally posted by GGuendy
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion.. I've tryied on my mobile but it seems the same.. I've set the board style for mobile output but... :-)
    Try sending feedback (see the link at the bottom of the page). If the facility is available, they will be able to tell you how to access it.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:032 edits
    When anyone's made a move, I can se under
    Game status
    Division A Season 1 : Rnd. 1
    In progress
    Last move : g7 - h6
    Move number : 28
    Half moves since last capture/pawn move : 5
    as an example.

This means that whatever was in the square g7 has now moved to h6.
    An synthetic voice can read this for you, and you can deduct from this information what the real move was.
  8. Joined
    25 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:47
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When anyone's made a move, I can se under
    Game status
    Division A Season 1 : Rnd. 1
    In progress
    Last move : g7 - h6
    Move number : 28
    Half moves since last capture/pawn move : 5
    as an example.

This means that whatever was in the square g7 has now moved to h6.
    An synthetic voice can read this for you, and you can deduct from this information what the real move was.
    ok that is readcle.. My problem is input moves using algebric notation without using the ouse..
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:50
    ok that is readcle.. My problem is input moves using algebric notation without using the ouse..
    There should be an input field where you could write the move in algebraic notation. Would that help you?
  10. Amsterdam
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 15:37
    Is this a serious request?

I mean, when you mention that you would not be able to see the screen, how do you expect to play the game? Even if you'd be able to submit moves, you would not be able to memorize where all the pieces are after (say) 20 moves...

Wondering / curious / etc..
  11. Joined
    25 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 18:10
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Is this a serious request?

I mean, when you mention that you would not be able to see the screen, how do you expect to play the game? Even if you'd be able to submit moves, you would not be able to memorize where all the pieces are after (say) 20 moves...

Wondering / curious / etc..
    well, :-) visual impaired usually play with a braille chessboard moving pieces and studing theri next move and then writing on a pc algebraic notationand sending their next move .. there are also blind user that play blind games.. When I play email correspondece matches is easy but it takes more time and I like to experience other things ..I've found many submit mode... typing algebric notation in a form field, chosing in a combobox what to move, clicking an accessible boardgame... hope this is interesting to you.. ciao
  12. Amsterdam
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 18:19
    well, :-) visual impaired usually play with a braille chessboard moving pieces and studing theri next move and then writing on a pc algebraic notationand sending their next move .. there are also blind user that play blind games.. When I play email correspondece matches is easy but it takes more time and I like to experience other things ..I've found many ...[text shortened]... mbobox what to move, clicking an accessible boardgame... hope this is interesting to you.. ciao
    It definately intrigues me!
  13. Joined
    25 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 18:59
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    It definately intrigues me!
    Aaah! lol! there are many blind chess associations all over the world.. that's all folks,, nice to meet you.. I go, somewere else, maybe, over the rainbow.. 😉 ciao G.
  14. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 19:51
    Just curious, but if you can't see the board, how are you reading this forum?
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 20:50
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Just curious, but if you can't see the board, how are you reading this forum?
    Read his third post.

He's got a 'reader' of sorts, either blows image way up, or sound?

It does NOT interface with the RHP My Game page, and that's the problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree