1. Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 20:02
    Hello everybody,

As this is my first post here I'd like to say a BIG hello to everyone.
    I found this site after doing a search on Google and I have to say I am very impressed with it.

I'm thinking of taking out a year's subscription, but before I do I'm hoping that someone could give me a good overview of the site features that a subscription would unlock. Specifically I am wondering what extra profile customisations are available to a subscriber

This is taken directly from the subs page:
    "Also, by becoming a subscriber, you become a trusted member of this site - so further features become available to you, such as increased customisation of your profile, that cannot be made available to non-subscribers."

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

The Th1ng
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 20:55
    Originally posted by The Th1ng
    Hello everybody,

As this is my first post here I'd like to say a BIG hello to everyone.
    I found this site after doing a search on Google and I have to say I am very impressed with it.

I'm thinking of taking out a year's subscription, but before I do I'm hoping that someone could give me a good overview of the site features that a subscription would ...[text shortened]... made available to non-subscribers."

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

The Th1ng
    hello and welcome to the site.

subscribing will allow you to add a profile picture and a forum avatar as well as adding some other features - perhaps one of the subs will explain them all.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 20:56
    HELLO. 🙂 and welcome to RHP.
    Firstly, you are able to buy just a months subscription so you don't have to
    pay out a wadge to sample what is available to a subscriber.
    Anyway, from what I remember, the added bonuses that are available to subscribers are: -
    1) Unlimited amount of games in progress. This seemed daft to me when I first subscribed because I thought that 6 games were more than enough for anyone. This is, however, a correspondence chess site. You might know this already, but this means that people can take days or even weeks to make a move, so having lot's of games on the go can make it more interesting if you are quite involved inthe game.
    2)Ability to enter tournaments. This is also a great bonus here. Entering tournament can really pump up the adrenalin and increase your desire to win games, improve your playing, work on your openings,.
    3) Play in siege games. The siege games part of the site is where people compete to stay on the same board. A bit like playing pool in the pub when it's winner stays on.
    4) Give other people recs. Erm no scrap that one 😛
    5) Join clans. A clan is like a bunch of people that get together like any other sports[athletics] team and play other teams.

Yup go for it
    If you're pondering about the financial commitment, just go for a month subscription and try out all the features.
    I reckon you'll end up paying for a year after your ry out period though.

Welcome to RHP
    Muhahahaha 🙂
  4. Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 22:25
    Thanks for the info folks.

A year's subscription for 29.95 USD isn't bad, this equates to about 23.65 Euros

Does anyone have more info?

Thanks again.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 22:28

A year's subscription for 29.95 USD isn't bad, this equates to about 23.65 Euros

Thanks again.
    If you decide to pay now, and pay year after year your cost is locked. I believe I pay either 10 or 15 bucks a year being here for 3 or so years now.

P-
  6. Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 23:00
    Thanks for that Phlabibit.

If I don't renew my subscription in a years time will my account be deleted entirely or will I revert back to being a non-subscriber with the associated limitations.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 00:16
    Thanks for that Phlabibit.

If I don't renew my subscription in a years time will my account be deleted entirely or will I revert back to being a non-subscriber with the associated limitations.
    You will revert back to being a non-subscriber. So you will have to leave any clans you are in, and you will have a game limit again, but you will be allowed to finish all the games which are in progress at that time.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 02:17
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You will revert back to being a non-subscriber. So you will have to leave any clans you are in, and you will have a game limit again, but you will be allowed to finish all the games which are in progress at that time.
    Yup!
  9. Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 17:011 edit
    Hi folks, thanks for all the feedback.

Since my last post on the subject I've attempted to subscribe, and after going through the various steps I came to a page that said it was only a demo of an actual subscription and that I should replace something (I can't remember what) with Y for an actual transaction. Any idea what's going on?

Thank's for your help.

I'm really impressed with the site, and I want to subscribe, but I'm wary about what was happening with the transaction process as described above
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 17:33
    Hi folks, thanks for all the feedback.

Since my last post on the subject I've attempted to subscribe, and after going through the various steps I came to a page that said it was only a demo of an actual subscription and that I should replace something (I can't remember what) with Y for an actual transaction. Any idea what's going on?

Thank's for your ...[text shortened]... e, but I'm wary about what was happening with the transaction process as described above
    if you're having trouble subscribing you can always send feedback at the bottom of the page, just explain what the problem is and i'm sure they'll be able to fix it.
  11. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 16:49

Thanks again.
    Yep. It isn't really worth it.

Thank you, Th1ng 😵
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 17:05
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Yep. It isn't really worth it.

Thank you, Th1ng 😵
    I remember a sub named Bowmann. He was cool.

P-
  13. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 18:58
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I remember a sub named Bowmann. He was cool.

P-
    Did you see him clearly? Did you get a good look at his face? Could you spot him in a parade? I don't think so - I could have been anybody.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:13
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Did you see him clearly? Did you get a good look at his face?
    He had a very distinct mouth.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 00:35
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    He had a very distinct mouth.
    'stinked'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree