1. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 21:02
    Hi i am new to this type of chess, what is considered cheating here?

Obviously no computer assistence is allowed but are the players allowed to look at opening books? (To help them learn the opening etc?)
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 21:131 edit
    read the FAQ section (frequently asked questions). You are allowed to look at past games, databases of games and opening books.

Cheating is using a computer to make a move or discussing your game in progress (actually, discussing possible moves and strategies, not just telling someone else that you have an interesting game that they might want to watch).

This is the main point about cheating: If you cheat, you may win, but it isn't YOU who actually wins, it's the computer program, or the other player who actually wins. All a cheater wins is a higher rating for the RHP chess name and identity. RHP players who have ratings that go way UP and then way DOWN are suspected of cheating sometimes. There's more evidence of cheating when they drop way down to enter tournaments and get matches at lower ratings than their actual strength, then once in those tournaments and matches, they beat other stronger players easily. It looks like they are cheating, even if they aren't.

Not everyone whose rating goes up and down is a cheater. Some TIME OUT due to sudden illnesses or work projects, or simple overload by underestimating the count of games that they were getting into.

It's good policy to refrain from accusing others of cheating. If you suspect a cheater, just send your suspicion to the RHP moderators through SITE FEEDBACK at the bottom of all pages. Also, no one forces you to play cheaters. As a reputation for being a suspected cheater grows, the options for the member go away. They are sometimes booted from well run clans. they get barred from tournaments. AND, they get kicked out of RHP.

Time wounds all heels!
  3. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 21:19
    cheers!
  4. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 19:56
    Originally posted by jonrothwell
    Hi i am new to this type of chess, what is considered cheating here?

Obviously no computer assistence is allowed but are the players allowed to look at opening books? (To help them learn the opening etc?)
    deleting you opponent's queen by pressing the secret code thats cheating
  5. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 20:53
    however, deleting your opponents king is perfectly legal
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 23:35
    except on the third Tuesday of the month where there have been more than six rainy days in north ireland and the daily average temperature was above 35 degrees celsius and the month before had a blue moon
  7. Standard memberZadadka
    OnlyOne DimOldie
    Rock/Hardplace
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 10:421 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    the daily average temperature was above 35 degrees
    ....That'll be never in the UK then..... 🙁
  8. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 23:06
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    deleting you opponent's queen by pressing the secret code thats cheating
    Will someone purty please tell me the secret code??? Huh?? huh??? I would LOVE to see the look on a certain person's face if I could do that!! Ya hear me Ari???
  9. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 01:08
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    Will someone purty please tell me the secret code??? Huh?? huh??? I would LOVE to see the look on a certain person's face if I could do that!! Ya hear me Ari???
    If we told everyone it wouldn't be a secret 😛
  10. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 03:46
    Maybe not but SURELY you could just tell ME!😀😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree