What is going on?

What is going on?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
11 Apr 04
3 edits

The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community.

It's a shame they're so full of religious intollerance, sexist abuse and general nonsense. I know the Moderators can't overly censor this site because people will complain about freedom of speech but things seem to be on a rapid decline.

I thought we were all here to play chess, what's happening?! I suggest people cool it down and think before they post and that goes for private messages too.

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
11 Apr 04
1 edit

They actually CAN censor alot. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want. That right is more to be understood by being able to speak your opinion, when it is sufficiently argumented.

People are allowed to say they dislike their current president, without having to worry about reprocussions, but you are not allowed to, for example, to make any rascistic comment.

Freedom of speech only works well when everyone has at least a good dose of intelligence. Unfortunately, narrow minded people, or just plain dumb ones, make it nessecary to hold a little restriction on the absolute freedom of speech.

It's the people who are intolerant or ignorant, or just too dumb too understand other peoples beliefs and choices, who mess up forums. There will always be people who will try to make themselves look better over the back of other people.

s

Moves
11 Apr 04

True, anyway, that's why there are different forums, some just for chess, other sfor hot topics like religion. As long as we stick to those areas, all is fine.

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
11 Apr 04

Yes, agreed if people stick to those forums but my point is that childish, petty-minded squabbling, only fit for the school playground (maybe not even there!) is now also seeping into the Help & Ideas Fourm threads and I wonder if that stuff should be weeded out by the Moderators?

T
Kupikupopo!

Out of my mind

Moves
11 Apr 04

Originally posted by Exy
Yes, agreed [b]if people stick to those forums but my point is that childish, petty-minded squabbling, only fit for the school playground (maybe not even there!) is now also seeping into the Help & Ideas Fourm threads and I wonder if that stuff should be weeded out by the Moderators?

[/b]
Yes, and i think they will. It's bad enough that mindless arguments go on in the special forum for that subject. I think that there's a rule that is valid for all fora: Off Topic posts will be removed.

s

Moves
18 Apr 04
1 edit

Is there a saint of chess out there? If there isn't I'll claim the gap. Saint Stalebread, it has a nice ring to it. So followers of the Royal Game think of me before making a move and your game might improve. All other religious beliefs are to be dropped immediately and this new religion (Chessism) is to be embraced fanatically. I'll accept donations made via Paypal. Bye for now and may the pawn be with you!😉

h

e2

Moves
18 Apr 04

Amazing chess, how sweet the game
That's played by a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I've claimed
A win by mate-in-three

We need hymns, right?

s

Moves
18 Apr 04

Promotion!
Hunting Bear you have just been promoted to Knight number 1. Second only to Saint Stalebread. Your main duty is to convert and to write prayers and hymes, something for which you have already shown considerable talent. What do you think Knight 1 of the idea of starting a new thread as a marketing excercise? We could call it something like :
"chessism in a recruiting drive".
Followers of chessism do not forget your donations, elo points or cash accepted.
Saint Stalebread/

h

e2

Moves
18 Apr 04

Originally posted by stalebread
Promotion!
Hunting Bear you have just been promoted to Knight number 1. Second only to Saint Stalebread. Your main duty is to convert and to write prayers and hymes, something for which you have already shown considerable talent. What do you think Knight 1 of the idea of starting a new thread as a marketing excercise? We could call it something like :
...[text shortened]... lowers of chessism do not forget your donations, elo points or cash accepted.
Saint Stalebread/
I'm disgruntled that I didn't make Bishop. So there's a chessschism in Chessism. I hereby proclaim myself High Priest of the real Church of Chess. You are excommunicated, Stalebread.

s

Moves
18 Apr 04

My My! This eternel question about Knight versus Bishops. I was thinking that there would be a maximum of 12 knights (founders of chessism) with as many bishops as numbers require. So Huntingbear we make you Bishop No 1 if this is your wish - but you must realise this is a demotion. As for being High Priest, I haven't quite figured out how that woks, should we call a boardroom meeting and discuss the matter? Finally I agree that terrible things can happen to the head of the chuch ( as Mel Gibson recently pointed out) but to be excuminicated so early in the game? Ce n'est pas du jeu!
Saint Stalebread
PS. Remember the donations.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Apr 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Exy
Yes, agreed [b]if people stick to those forums but my point is that childish, petty-minded squabbling, only fit for the school playground (maybe not even there!) is now also seeping into the Help & Ideas Fourm threads and I wonder if that stuff should be weeded out by the Moderators?

[/b]
These posts by cheat-spotters are neither helpful, or very good site ideas. I hope to see them cleaned up also.

Cheat messaged should be sent to "send feedback". Don't take it on yourself to warn other players if you think someone cheats, send the message to "Send Feedback"... just click Help, and send feedback button...

I sure as heck don't think everyone with 99 percent wins is cheating, since a lot of humans beat the tar out of my CM9K even when I let it think for half hour per move! People are better at chess than any computer program we might have on our computer.

Send Feedback!!! : http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/feedback.php

P-

h

e2

Moves
18 Apr 04

Originally posted by stalebread
My My! This eternel question about Knight versus Bishops. I was thinking that there would be a maximum of 12 knights (founders of chessism) with as many bishops as numbers require. So Huntingbear we make you Bishop No 1 if this is your wish - but you must realise this is a demotion. As for being High Priest, I haven't quite figured out how that woks, sho ...[text shortened]... ated so early in the game? Ce n'est pas du jeu!
Saint Stalebread
PS. Remember the donations.
Actually, I'm bored of this clergy thing. Carry on without me. I was planning a holy war, but I think instead I'll get some rest... 😴

s

Moves
18 Apr 04

Have a good rest - no point in holy wars, too many of those already. Christians, i note, have a not so pretty track record when it comes to that subject - seems budhists have faired far better. (just a thought) The only battle that is acceptable is chess.