1. Joined
    19 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 18:25
    my opponent moved 9/26 @ 18:25, that's fri evening my time.
    I went to the beach for the wkend, came back sun. - 9/28 @ 14:00 to find that I lost because I didn't make a move on time! That's not even 48 hrs, what does every few days mean? and will I get a neg. hit on my account/rating?
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 18:28
    edit: - the game id # is 5471556, thanks in advance for your feedback.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 18:49
    Originally posted by Midnight Rambler
    edit: - the game id # is 5471556, thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Game 5471556
  4. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 18:54
    I went to the beach for the wkend, came back sun. - 9/28 @ 14:00 to find that I lost because I didn't make a move on time! That's not even 48 hrs, what does every few days mean? and will I get a neg. hit on my account/rating?
    Every few days is what you selected has a guide to your move frequency.That game was rated so it will hit and it was one day move timeout.Select longer timeouts if you only move every few days.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Sep '08 18:562 edits
    It all depends on what timeout/ timebank you accepted when the game was started. It looks like a 24hr timeout with NO timebank and you didn't move for over 24hrs so yes your opponent can claim a timeout win on you . I don't know what your talking about when you say every few days? And yes you do get a loss, and it does look like there was enough moves made that it did affect your rating. You need to be very careful before you accept any games and always make sure what the timeout/timebank is for that game before you accept the game.
    Timeout is the time you and your opponent have to move when it's your turn to move. Timebank is a reserve of time you have when you haven't moved within your timeout period.

I suggest to read the FAQ entirely. The link is the help link at the top of every RHP page.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 16:55
    Thank you, I will certainly address the timeout/timebank feature in the future, an I appreciate your replies.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 19:07
    I suspect that your reference to "every few days" is part of the profile information that each member can customize to provide information about themselves. This refers to the "Move Frequency" setting and is intended to furnish an approximate idea of how often someone might move in their games.

This move frequency setting has absolutely no bearing on the actual time controls in a game and in my opinion is misleading and useless information.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree