1. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 03:48
    A player, who is rated higher than me, has told me that they can beat me (in a rated game), but still lose points. Is this possible?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 08:10
    Originally posted by fools rush in
    A player, who is rated higher than me, has told me that they can beat me (in a rated game), but still lose points. Is this possible?
    No it is not true, not anymore.

But when you had a provisional rating, when your number of games was below 20 games, you could play a fellow rated far under you and even if you win you lose points.

But with non provisional players, it is not possible to lose points in a won game.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    25 Nov '06 15:56
    A win is a win, a rating is a number which gives an approximate indication of your opponents ability.
  4. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 07:43
    Okay, thanks for that

Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No it is not true, not anymore.

But when you had a provisional rating, when your number of games was below 20 games, you could play a fellow rated far under you and even if you win you lose points.

But with non provisional players, it is not possible to lose points in a won game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree