Who are Clan forum mods?

Who are Clan forum mods?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
18 Sep 11

Why are they apparently anonymous? I have no ulterior motives other than to seek reassurance of a balanced approach. As a longtime member of this site, I have felt uneasy about some recent decisions (not concerning me directly).

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by drdon
Why are they apparently anonymous? I have no ulterior motives other than to seek reassurance of a balanced approach. As a longtime member of this site, I have felt uneasy about some recent decisions (not concerning me directly).
they have mods for the clan forums now?

i used to just mod my own forums, which I never really had to do except when I let in phlabs or one of his cronies

Australia

Moves
18 Sep 11

Clan and club forums are moderated by the leader only - they're the only one with the appropriate "kill switch". Public forums are moderated by anonymous members because of past events. If moderators are known they can be hounded/stalked by people who object to their decisions, so the avenue of appeal now is to administration people only.

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by drdon
Please use site feedback if you are unhappy with any moderation of the forums on the website.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by Forum Moderator
Please use site feedback if you are unhappy with any moderation of the forums on the website.
This would be so if the matter was a complaint. It's not. The issue is worthy of free and open forum discussion and should not be sat on because some would rather bury the issue.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
Clan and club forums are moderated by the leader only - they're the only one with the appropriate "kill switch". Public forums are moderated by anonymous members because of past events. If moderators are known they can be hounded/stalked by people who object to their decisions, so the avenue of appeal now is to administration people only.
You are right.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by Forum Moderator
I'm curious as to why some mods are \ were happy to use their own I.D here and others not..perhaps it's a case of personal preference, some insisting the bright red 'forum moderator' has more IMPACT 🙂

Australia

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
I'm curious as to why some mods are \ were happy to use their own I.D here and others not..perhaps it's a case of personal preference, some insisting the bright red 'forum moderator' has more IMPACT 🙂
If you're talking about this thread, who here is a moderator?

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
If you're talking about this thread, who here is a moderator?
I know who it is, I'm unsure whether he'd want me to say...that's why I asked why some mods 'appear' to have no issue with others knowing who they are yet others effectively 'hide' behind the big red forum mod' moniker ..I'm curious, perhaps some have had hassle from folk not overly happy with their 'judgements' here 😛