Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 15 May '03 18:13
    Alright....I challenge a player....and he resigned.....his rating was quite a bit larger then mine....and I would like to have those points......so if u know why i didn't get the points please message me or reply to my post......thanx

    SHISC04
  2. 15 May '03 18:26
    i had this same question when i started playing. i found out that the match that i started was not rated and therefore score doenst count. when you start a game you can choose if its rated or unrated
  3. Standard member Toe
    15 May '03 18:29
    Originally posted by Shisc04
    Alright....I challenge a player....and he resigned.....his rating was quite a bit larger then mine....and I would like to have those points......so if u know why i didn't get the points please message me or reply to my post......thanx

    SHISC04
    was it your game against NoGoodAmI? that was abandoned after your opening move; a delete, not a resignation. anyone can delete a game in the first three moves and it will not count as having been played.
  4. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    15 May '03 19:09
    Originally posted by Shisc04
    Alright....I challenge a player....and he resigned.....his rating was quite a bit larger then mine....and I would like to have those points......so if u know why i didn't get the points please message me or reply to my post......thanx

    SHISC04
    I have exactly the same problem. I challenged spurs2003 and he resigned but I didn't get any points and I promise it was rated.
  5. 15 May '03 22:19
    Originally posted by CFC
    I have exactly the same problem. I challenged spurs2003 and he resigned but I didn't get any points and I promise it was rated.
    He resigned on the first move, so the game doesn't count - it's the same as deleting it.

    -Dave
  6. Standard member CFC
    Zak the mad boy
    16 May '03 05:59
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    He resigned on the first move, so the game doesn't count - it's the same as deleting it.

    -Dave
    but someone's done that to me before and I got the points.
  7. 19 May '03 01:24
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    He resigned on the first move, so the game doesn't count - it's the same as deleting it.

    -Dave
    Dave
    Resigning on the first (or any move for that matter) gives your opponent the points. You only not recieve points through a timeout.

    Of course any senseable player would just delet the game not resign.

    -trekkie