1. Joined
    04 Jul '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '04 03:11
    Hi Administrator,
    Why don't u make a system that will pop up a window when a player has a move waitiing for him. otherwise he/she has to continuously refresh his/her my games page to find if his/her opponent has made the move. if need comes then u can make a messenger sort of thing in which players can chat with their opponent also.
    These are a few of my suggestions. do consider them.
  2. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    07 Jul '04 07:42
    This has been talked about before. I believe it has something to do with the server load becoming too high.
    You can also buy a star (click on mine for info) and increase the number of games you have, so there is more chance of one waiting for you.
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '04 08:16
    Originally posted by quest22
    Hi Administrator,
    Why don't u make a system that will pop up a window when a player has a move waitiing for him. otherwise he/she has to continuously refresh his/her my games page to find if his/her opponent has made the move. if need comes then u can make a messenger sort of thing in which players can chat with their opponent also.
    These are a few of my suggestions. do consider them.
    I play over 100 games at a time, I don't think I could cope with that many pop-ups, if it was implemented I would hope it would be an option that you can switch off.

Surely if you use a Messenger Service like MSN and put your MSN address in as your email contact address at RHP and set it to send you emails when your opponents have moved then this will do exactly what you're asking for.
  4. Joined
    04 Jul '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '04 01:16
    Well Exy, I wanted this kind of system for people who want it. It shouldn't be a compulsory system, besides that the server can have its own messenger, wouldn't that be cool. what do ya say?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '04 13:03
    Originally posted by quest22
    Well Exy, I wanted this kind of system for people who want it. It shouldn't be a compulsory system, besides that the server can have its own messenger, wouldn't that be cool. what do ya say?
    He said:

Surely if you use a Messenger Service like MSN and put your MSN address in as your email contact address at RHP and set it to send you emails when your opponents have moved then this will do exactly what you're asking for.

P-
  6. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:06
    I wouldn't reply if I was you, quest. Babit is getting rather tired of high school kids with attitudes...(and good suggestions for improvement)
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:162 edits
    Originally posted by Alpha10
    I wouldn't reply if I was you, quest. Babit is getting rather tired of high school kids with attitudes...(and good suggestions for improvement)
    It's non-subscriber's who've only been here 5 minutes asking for free "improvements" that really get our goat! 😉
  8. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:23
    I guess you people don't think that there are subscribers out there who would like the same stuff we would. What you're doing, whether you mean to or not, is saying non-subscribers shouldn't suggest things because they are the scum of the site, because they don't pay for the games they play. If it means so much to the people that run this site, why don't they make EVERYTHING where you have to pay for it?
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:283 edits
    You clearly ignored my *wink*

You really should lighten up. 😉

I appreciate that there will be non-subscribers playing here, I was once one myself for 6 months. The difference is I was amazed I could actually play here indefinitely for free and rather than ask for cosmetic things that actually aren't neccessary if you use common sense, I was grateful to play my 6 concurrent games for free until I got a good feel for the site, it's members and the good folks that run it. Then I subscribed and then I felt I was entitled to make suggestions or ask for improvements.
  10. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:33
    Oh my god, you completely repeated what I replied to in your last post. First, I don't see why I should lighten up, I don't think I'm getting a bad attitude. When everyone starts saying that since you don't pay, you can't offer your opinions anymore, that's enough to make Mother Teresa wanna grab her grenade launcher...All I'm asking is....since I don't pay for a subscription (yet), should my opinions, which have been proven good most of the time, be kept to myself? Simply for the fact I didn't pay 20 dollars to post it?
  11. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:346 edits
    The original idea here was not a good one and could be achieved without any cost to the admins by a little lateral thinking. I think it's just called manners, you're getting something free be thankful for that.

I have yet to see you post an actual good idea or improvement. If you were just patient enough to get past your provisional rating you would be able to do what you were asking for.
  12. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 20:42
    Agreed

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree