wont move

Standard memberatlantean
Help 29 Jan '09 19:08
  1. Standard memberatlantean
    cubs in 09!
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 19:081 edit
    what do i do when i have a guy who will not move. He has somehow had his vacation flag up for about 2 weeks but keeps moving in all his games against ours. It is forced mate in 1 and he keeps putting up his flag. Will he ever lose on time??
  2. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 19:35
    Any subscriber has 36 days of vacation as you should know. So you will be able to time him out in a maximum of 36 days (assuming that the timebank use for your game is less than 36).
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 22:08
    Originally posted by atlantean
    what do i do when i have a guy who will not move. He has somehow had his vacation flag up for about 2 weeks but keeps moving in all his games against ours. It is forced mate in 1 and he keeps putting up his flag. Will he ever lose on time??
    au boo who
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 14:06
    Originally posted by atlantean
    During his vacation he is immune from time outs. You cannot do anything to time him out before his vacation runs out.

This is within the rights of vacation. Subscribers have vacation rights, non-subscriber has none (or different rights).
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 14:17
    Originally posted by trev33
    au boo who
    Well, it happens... but it's certainly not cool to hang a game when lost on purpose. I did some math some years back, and you actually maintain a higher rating by taking the lost game ASAP and concentrating on the winning games. It's not many points, but if you stall games to keep your rating from going down you're actually hurting your rating.

P-
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 14:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    During his vacation he is immune from time outs. You cannot do anything to time him out before his vacation runs out.

This is within the rights of vacation. Subscribers have vacation rights, non-subscriber has none (or different rights).
    Yeah, but I'm sure this is an instance of stalling. Within the rules, but not very classy.

P-
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 14:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yeah, but I'm sure this is an instance of stalling. Within the rules, but not very classy.

P-
    I do sometimes the same. When I have a high pressure in my real life, such as coming exam, a heavy work load with much overtime, or whatever reason, I set myself on vacation for a while. Then I play certain games and exclude others, based on certain critieria. Some of my opponents may think I'm stalling, but in reality I cope with my real life situation.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 19:40
    Well, it happens... but it's certainly not cool to hang a game when lost on purpose. I did some math some years back, and you actually maintain a higher rating by taking the lost game ASAP and concentrating on the winning games. It's not many points, but if you stall games to keep your rating from going down you're actually hurting your rating.

P-
    i don't see the point in it either...other than hoping your opponent has a stroke so you get the timeout win in a lost position but sooner or later your rating will find it's true level anyway so again i don't see the point.

as soon as i see a game is lost it's binned.

which has been happening a lot lately 😞
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 21:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I do sometimes the same. When I have a high pressure in my real life, such as coming exam, a heavy work load with much overtime, or whatever reason, I set myself on vacation for a while. Then I play certain games and exclude others, based on certain critieria. Some of my opponents may think I'm stalling, but in reality I cope with my real life situation.
    I guess the player MAY not know they are one move from mate and off doing other things, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

P-
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 22:17
    I guess the player MAY not know they are one move from mate and off doing other things, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

P-
    Does it matter? If someone is stalling a game?

Yes, if this game is the only one left in one round, and stalls the whole tournament.
    Yes, if a non-subs has his 6 slots filled with passive games, and cannot start another one because of these stallers.
    No, in any other cases. I doesn't see any other to bother if someone is stalling games in order to raise his rating in one point or two, or some other obscure reason.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 01:07
    Basically, people like to bend rules. 😞😞😞
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 01:11
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Basically, people like to bend rules. 😞😞😞
    no rules being bent here.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 01:49
    Originally posted by trev33
    no rules being bent here.
    where?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree