1. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 21:531 edit
    It is time for some poestry, yet again, and it is traditional that I be the one to light the subgluteal poetic fires with promises of praises and prizes and prayers (oh my!).

Is anyone interested (whether versile veteran or versetal virgin, you are welcome)? If there seems to be interest, I will be posting rules for submission, and dreaming up a theme, although the latter is optional.

EDIT

Robomod, Robomod, wherefore art though, Robomod? Deny my title, refuse my name? Or if thou will change my thread's title, it will be no longer Capital!
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 22:49
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    It is time for some [b]poestry, yet again, and it is traditional that I be the one to light the subgluteal poetic fires with promises of praises and prizes and prayers (oh my!).

Is anyone interested (whether versile veteran or versetal virgin, you are welcome)? If there seems to be interest, I will be posting rules for submission, and dreaming u ...[text shortened]... title, refuse my name? Or if thou will change my thread's title, it will be no longer Capital![/b]
    Prizes?
  3. The sky
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 22:59
    It is time for some [b]poestry, yet again, and it is traditional that I be the one to light the subgluteal poetic fires with promises of praises and prizes and prayers (oh my!).

Is anyone interested (whether versile veteran or versetal virgin, you are welcome)? If there seems to be interest, I will be posting rules for submission, and dreaming u ...[text shortened]... title, refuse my name? Or if thou will change my thread's title, it will be no longer Capital![/b]
    Take it to the Culture forum, Yankee!
  4. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 06:02
    Originally posted by Mimor
    Prizes?
    Very strange ones. Once you win them, you will not know how you survived without them.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 06:18
    Ah, tender mercy
    Sweet touch
    Soft and gentle
    Mate on move
  6. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 17:101 edit
    Thanks, Phlardribitz, for putting this thread in its proper positsch!

I have Official Confirmationz that there will be at least one participant who is not me if I post rules, so:

Ahoy. You are the Grand Special Non-Unique* Entrant in the RHP VERSE COMPETITION OF 2009!

These are the RULES and PROCEDURES:

1. Compose as many pieces of original non-plagiarised verse you like. The "as many as you like" is to be interpreted nicely! No spam! Won't you just look so very silly if you submit twelve bad verses and all fail to win prizes! However, if you wok hard on twelve verses, then they will not be bad and I would like to read all of them!

2. Complete steps 1. and 3. by midnight, ISRAELI STANDARD TIME, on 1 January 2009.

3. Send your verses in an email to mark DOT hagen AT mail DOT mcgill DOT ca. The subject line must read "NOT THE BEST BUT IN THE TOP TWO". Try to send all of your verses in one email; that's politeness, but politeness and rules are distinct! If you have already emailed me and then write an inspired drunken clerihew on New Year's Eve, SEND IT!

4. Sit back and smugly wait for the entries to be compiled into the VOTING THREAD.

5. I will do all I can to preserve anonymity of entries, and it works better if you do, too.

COMMENCE!

*Which will add to your uniqueness should you win PRIZES!
  7. The sky
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 19:21

I have Official Confirmationz that there will be at least one participant who is not me if I post rules, so:

[b]Ahoy. You are the Grand Special Non-Unique* Entrant in the RHP VERSE COMPETITION OF 2009!

1. Compose as many pieces of o ...[text shortened]... you do, too.

COMMENCE!

*Which will add to your uniqueness should you win PRIZES![/b]
    I don't have a wok. 🙁
  8. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 19:45
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I don't have a wok. 🙁
    I do; I'm short an "r", though.
  9. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 00:57

[b]Ahoy. You are the Grand Special Non-Unique* Entrant in the RHP VERSE COMPETITION OF 2009!

1. Compose as many pieces of o ...[text shortened]... you do, too.

COMMENCE!

*Which will add to your uniqueness should you win PRIZES![/b]
    Updates on number of entrants?
  10. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 08:371 edit
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    Updates on number of entrants?
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 04:24
    They already submitted?

Or they said they'll participate?

Or it was a number lying around your desk and you decided to give it a home in this thread?
  12. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 04:53
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    They already submitted?

Or it was a number lying around your desk and you decided to give it a home in this thread?
    You didn't give me time to finish my sentence, but I don't like to be interrupted, so now you'll never know. If this is annoying to you, you should write a poem about it 😏.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 10:44
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    They already submitted?

I thought it was the number of updates that we are going to get on the number of participants.
  14. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 15:27
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I thought it was the number of updates that we are going to get on the number of participants.
    Well, assuming I don't do unnecessary updates, your interpretation is a lower bound on the other interpretation. The rest of my sentence will remain a mystery, but I must make it known that it would be lame if people were to only bother writing verses if they knew of other entrants.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 16:26
    Well, assuming I don't do unnecessary updates, your interpretation is a lower bound on the other interpretation. The rest of my sentence will remain a mystery, but I must make it known that it would be lame if people were to only bother writing verses if they knew of other entrants.
    Maybe some people want to write verses about the number of participants. However, if this is the case, I believe that keeping it a secret might make for more interesting verses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree