1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 10:04
    Sadly enough now and then a clan member just disappears without giving a reason. I would like to have a possibiliyt to send them a mail, to remind them of their obligations.

Plus I would like to be able to switch people to "unavailable" if I see that is the case, which would save me 8and potential cxhallengers) to sort this out several times 🙂
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 08:51
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Sadly enough now and then a clan member just disappears without giving a reason. I would like to have a possibiliyt to send them a mail, to remind them of their obligations.

Plus I would like to be able to switch people to "unavailable" if I see that is the case, which would save me 8and potential cxhallengers) to sort this out several times 🙂
    Good idea ( i dont really care about the email, but the change of setting to unavailable is a must).
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 10:22

What gives, another good idea 😉

Leader able to switch a members availability off (but not on)
    A way to send a PM to their email account through RHP system without knowing email address
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 13:12
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    What gives, another good idea 😉

Leader able to switch a members availability off (but not on)
    A way to send a PM to their email account through RHP system without knowing email address
    But sadly enough the idea doesn't seem to be popular...I wonder if I should open a thread in the clan forum
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 22:41
    But sadly enough the idea doesn't seem to be popular...I wonder if I should open a thread in the clan forum
    Nothing ventured then nothing gained 😉
  6. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 15:13
    I rarely visit the Site ideas Forum. Just saw the thread in the Clans Forum. I fully support the ideas.
  7. Amsterdam
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 15:14
    To change the availability of your clan members is definately a good idea (has been proposed in the past too...)

Not only to unavailable, but also to available again.
    (if a clan leader makes mistakes, by assigning games to players who have asked for no more games, then it's the clan's problem: player can resign games without losing rating points)

Emailing players is already possible, so I don't see the added value here immediately..
  8. Here
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 21:16
    This a very good idea
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 Jul '09 21:32
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn

Emailing players is already possible, so I don't see the added value here immediately..[/b]
    I think you confuse PM with email
    No poin PM'ing a member if they are not signing on, However being able to email them could recover a bad situation.
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 01:27

Then again if the person has disappeared for no reason then that is a reason to leave them alone.

What is the person has been involved in a serious accident or has died. Would you like to be the grieving relative receiving the email asking "where the hell are you?"

People come, people go, that is the nature of the beast. If we are lucky they tell us.
  11. Here
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 05:39
    I would just like to be able to switch them off accepting challenges
    Give them a couple of weeks to start playing again before I kick them
  12. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 09:48
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Then again if the person has disappeared for no reason then that is a reason to leave them alone.

What is the person has been involved in a serious accident or has died. Would you like to be the grieving relative receiving the email asking "where the hell are you?"

People come, people go, that is the nature of the beast. If we are lucky they tell us.
    Things do overtake people at times, but it does not have to be a pm saying where the hell are you?

A pm can be more diplomatic and state, in order to preserve your rating, blah, blah. Clan Challenges have been turned off.

You may turn this off by visiting My Settings.

But great idea and would solve a headache of challenges against people who have gone long term awol.
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    28 Jul '09 10:38
    A good example is I have a member that I wish to converse with that has not moved in 12 days. How do I contact this person if not by email ??
  14. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 14:32
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    A good example is I have a member that I wish to converse with that has not moved in 12 days. How do I contact this person if not by email ??
    Use your crystal balls 😛
  15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Jul '09 14:53
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    Things do overtake people at times, but it does not have to be a pm saying where the hell are you?

A pm can be more diplomatic and state, in order to preserve your rating, blah, blah. Clan Challenges have been turned off.

You may turn this off by visiting My Settings.

But great idea and would solve a headache of challenges against people who have gone long term awol.
    The PM "where the hell are you" was just an expression.

If I am leaving the site for a reason then I would advise clan leader/rest of clan via the clan forums and if necessary make myself unavailable and/or leave the clan.

This works well within the IVV clan and I am sure that other clans do something similar.

However, if I leave without doing this, then it means something far more urgent and important has happened in my life. Getting an email ain't going to make me jump hoops to rectify the position.

If a clan is worked properly then the members will know how to act properly and members leaving unannounced will not happen. Members who want/do not want to have extra games on their gameload will make themselves available/unavailable as appropriate and so prevent the problem of matching "unavailable" players.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree