1. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 10:17
    This is being discussed on the help forum and I thought it would be better to discuss this on here.

Thread 118344

My personal opinion would be to half the vacation time, but to stop the clock ticking down when on vacation.

Therefore, when you do come back from holiday and restart, the games are still the same way as when you left.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 10:30
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    This is being discussed on the help forum and I thought it would be better to discuss this on here.

Thread 118344

My personal opinion would be to half the vacation time, but to stop the clock ticking down when on vacation.

Therefore, when you do come back from holiday and restart, the games are still the same way as when you left.
    I think the vacation system works well as it is.
    ...except...
    It should offered to everyone, subs and non-subs, on the same conditions. For fairness sake.
    And perhaps that when you have a time out immunity period (another name of vacancy), then your opponent should also have time out immunity in your games.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 12:46

Thread 118344

Rec'd 🙂
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 17:111 edit

Thread 118344

I prefer to let my opponent move while on vacation ... no point in slowing the game down if he's willing to move!
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 18:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I prefer to let my opponent move while on vacation ... no point in slowing the game down if he's willing to move!
    agreed.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 22:122 edits
    Being able to move while on vacation really isn't what were talking about here. We're just talking about having the clocks stop completely on the persons games that's on vacation. I also think they should still be able to move if they wish while on vacation.

The site idea is this;
    14 or 15 days a year of vacation, with complete clock stoppage in all games for the person that's on vacation. Instead of the current vacation system.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 23:36
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Being able to move while on vacation really isn't what were talking about here. We're just talking about having the clocks stop completely on the persons games that's on vacation. I also think they should still be able to move if they wish while on vacation.

The site idea is this;
    14 or 15 days a year of vacation, with complete clock stoppage in all games for the person that's on vacation. Instead of the current vacation system.
    OP said "...the games are still the same way as when you left", implying that no moves have been made. If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 03:21
    OP said "...the games are still the same way as when you left", implying that no moves have been made. If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
    If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
    Maybe give non-subs 3-5 days vacation. Help entice them to join for more vacation days.
  9. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 06:08
    [b]If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
    Maybe give non-subs 3-5 days vacation. Help entice them to join for more vacation days.[/b]
    Good idea.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 10:571 edit
    [b]If moves are allowed to be made, I'd have nothing against this idea.
    Maybe give non-subs 3-5 days vacation. Help entice them to join for more vacation days.[/b]
    We don't want yer miserable 3 - 5 days!

We demand equal rights. Until we get it, the games continue to be played unfairly. [sub v non sub] 😞
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 12:20

Thread 118344

Rec'd
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    We don't want yer miserable 3 - 5 days!

We demand equal rights. Until we get it, the games continue to be played unfairly. [sub v non sub] 😞
    Equal rights are guaranteed when you stump up the sub fee 😛
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 13:29
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Rec'd 😀
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 16:19
    If you feel you need to pay for an advantage, carry on.
    Good luck.
    🙂
  15. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 19:34
    ... but some are more equal than others.

Orwell

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree