Blitz site failing to load with latest Flash player

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Feb 10

This has been reported by a number of people and this problem has been reproduced.

Flash player Version 10,0,45,2 (current at time of posting) appears to break the existing Blitz client.

The cause of this problem is unknown right now, but we will work to resolve this over the next few days.

Therefore, to play blitz, DO NOT upgrade your Flash player unless you have good reasons to (for example, a security flaw in Flash needs patching urgently.)

Sorry if you are inconvenienced by this issue, hopefully we can work around whatever problems Adobe have introduced.

Moves
18 Feb 10

Thank you, Mr. Code Monkey, sir!

IM

Moves
18 Feb 10

R

Moves
18 Feb 10

Hi, thanks for this announcement. I was really wondering what seemed to be the problem, although I could figure out it had something to do with the Flash player! I'll try to find an earlier version to play, until the real solution comes.
Regards, René

H

Moves
19 Feb 10

Adobe Flasher player is second rate.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Feb 10
1 edit

A rebuild against Flash 10 player appears to solve the primary issues (the client works again!), but creates other rendering glitches which we will be working to sort out and release today, with luck.

edit : So, once it is fixed, everyone could be required to update their flash player. I'll post more when we know for sure

S

Moves
19 Feb 10

Thanks for the update!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Feb 10

A software update for Blitz will not be taking place today as hoped.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
20 Feb 10

Thanks for addressing the issue; I look forward to playing again when everything is back and running! Glad to know I wasn't the only one with this problem!

b

Moves
21 Feb 10
1 edit

Three Days without chess 🙁 any word on a work around???

I love this site and all you do. RHP!!!!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Feb 10

A new build has been released so the blitz site is back up - but you may now need to upgrade to the latest Flash if you haven't done so already.

Check your Flash version here

S

Moves
21 Feb 10

Great! Thank-you.

k

Highcliffe Dorset UK

Moves
05 Mar 10

Have not played blitz for two weeks now. It's destroying my life. You said you would find an answer but none yet. Please help me before I top myself for lack of excitement in my life

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
05 Mar 10

Originally posted by keithED
an answer but none yet.
Russ did give an answer, apperently it worked for someone else. Did you read it?

Moves
07 Mar 10

Originally posted by keithED
Have not played blitz for two weeks now. It's destroying my life. You said you would find an answer but none yet. Please help me before I top myself for lack of excitement in my life
will you jump off the high cliff?