1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 15:55
    First I would like to say it's a great improvment that I as a clan leader recieve a notice when a clan mate is removed from our clan for their subscription runing out.

I think it would be a great site idea to first send the message to the players whos subscription has run out that if they don't renew their subscription ASAP that they will be a non-subscriber and removed from all clans they are in and unable to join any more tournaments etc.
    I've noticed that players are removed from clans and don't even know that their subscription has run out. Due to forgetting to update credit card info etc. I think it would be much better all around to first send the message to the players who's about to be removed from their clans etc that their subscription has run out and they need to fix it ASAP or else become a non-sub.

Thanks.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 23:17
    That certainly sounds like an improvement if indeed you are getting a PM.
    I have notice of late some challenges coming through and yet my opponent is no longer a sub ??
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    That certainly sounds like an improvement if indeed you are getting a PM.
    I have notice of late some challenges coming through and yet my opponent is no longer a sub ??
    Today was the first time I recieved a pm telling me a clan mate was removed due to not keeping their subscription up to date. I still don't know forsure if this person knew their subscription was up.
    I know a few times in the past that players were removed (kicked) from our clan and neither them or I knew why until we found out they were under non-subscriber status. They all returned after getting things panned out with their new credit card info.
    If only they somehow knew before they were kicked from our clan that they needed to update their credit card info it would have never happened in the first place, as I'm almost sure is what the case is with this last clan mate that's been kicked.

I also have noticed non-subs in clans that seem to remain in their clans for quite some time. Our players seem to get removed right away when their subscription expires, even before anyone knows what's going on!
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 00:31
    Yes you are correct & rec'd
    I in the past had to explain to members that it was not I that kicked them out but in fact the syatem had done it.
    All in favour of both Leader & member getting PM re sub renewals
  5. e4
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 02:33
    I know nothing really about these clans.

If they are playing a clan game and their sub runs out is the
    game scored as loss or are they allowed to finish it?
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 03:15
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

They are allowed to finish all games already started. Thank God!
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 12:18
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

This is why certain clans appear to have 20 members but really have dozens more on the sidelines.
    eg load player "A" to player "S" with games then kick them from the clan and bring in replacements on the sidelines.
    When players in the "A to S" need more games they kick another member that is loaded with games and bring back in the player requiring more games.

This makes me question if ex member (ex for any reason) should have the completed games after departure counted in the clan results.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 12:371 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    First I would like to say it's a great improvment that I as a clan leader recieve a notice when a clan mate is removed from our clan for their subscription runing out.

I think it would be a great site idea to first send the message to the players whos subscription has run out that if they don't renew their subscription ASAP that they will be a no subscription has run out and they need to fix it ASAP or else become a non-sub.

Thanks.
    The user in question did NOT get a warning BEFORE being removed? Perhaps they had changed their email.

I just noticed my sub is to an old email where I get no email anymore. I wonder if warnings are sent to subs through their email. Perhaps a PM message to the user name also would help.

RUSSSSS!~ Please explain how we are reminded when our sub may run out.

P-
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 15:114 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The user in question did NOT get a warning BEFORE being removed? Perhaps they had changed their email.

I just noticed my sub is to an old email where I get no email anymore. I wonder if warnings are sent to subs through their email. Perhaps a PM message to the user name also would help.

RUSSSSS!~ Please explain how we are reminded when our sub may run out.

P-
    This makes me question if ex member (ex for any reason) should have the completed games after departure counted in the clan results.

I think they should be able to finish all games and my reason is, many are removed for other reasons than rotating more clan members than the 20 allowed such as in all cases with our clan. I think the better idea is to limit the number of times a member can rejoin a certain clan.

The user in question did NOT get a warning BEFORE being removed?

From my past experiences no one recieved any kind of warning or message when they were removed. They all the sudden were just gone from our clan.
    Until yesterday I got a pm telling me one of our members was removed and the reason was that they weren't a sub anymore.

There needs to be some kinda warning sent out to all members who's subscription is about to expire or has expired and that for some reason RHP or checkout.com can't renew it. And they need to take care of it ASAP or else become a non-sub. And maybe have a weeks grace period or something like that to take care of it.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 15:32
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]This makes me question if ex member (ex for any reason) should have the completed games after departure counted in the clan results.

I think they should be able to finish all games and my reason is, many are removed for other reasons than rotating more clan members than the 20 allowed such as in all cases with our clan. I think the better ide ...[text shortened]... checkout.com can't renew it. And they need to take care of it ASAP or else become a non-sub.[/b]
    Not sure why you put someone else's text into my post... I think games for clans should be finished for clans... But then again I can see how it may be annoying with RUTHLESS BLOOD THIRSTY CLANS LIKE METAL LICKER AND WINE IV.

As for warnings, I got them several years in a row. How else would you know when to renew?

Feedback is needed, Russ isn't reading this thread.

P-
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 15:48
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Not sure why you put someone else's text into my post... I think games for clans should be finished for clans... But then again I can see how it may be annoying with RUTHLESS BLOOD THIRSTY CLANS LIKE METAL LICKER AND WINE IV.

As for warnings, I got them several years in a row. How else would you know when to renew?

Feedback is needed, Russ isn't reading this thread.

P-
    Not sure why you put someone else's text into my post... Just answering two questions with one post.

I think games for clans should be finished for clans... But then again I can see how it may be annoying with RUTHLESS BLOOD THIRSTY CLANS

I agree!

I've been a member over 5 years now and have never recieved a warning. My renewal was just done automatically after I called checkout.com or updated online in the right time frame.

Russ isn't reading this thread.

I think this is because I started this thread. lol
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 17:53
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Yes you are correct & rec'd
    I in the past had to explain to members that it was not I that kicked them out but in fact the syatem had done it.
    All in favour of both Leader & member getting PM re sub renewals

Yes, I've had to do this 3 or 4 times myself over the last 5 years as a clan leader.
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 00:42
    Russ Where are you ??????????????????
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 15:57
    Help us Obi-Russ Kenobi, you're our only hope.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 16:56
    I felt a disturbance in the force, and here I am...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree