1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 17:531 edit
    Removal from clans happens during a periodic audit, normally 1 month after a subscription ends, and immediately prior to a subscription audit.

Therefore, in most cases where a subscription hasn't been renewed, there is a lengthy time available to renew a sub and retain clan membership before they are removed from the clan on the next audit.

There may be odd exceptions to this, but quite rarely.

I would be surprised if people hadn’t realised that their sub had ended and yet they continued on the site, but clearly it does happen.

When a sub ends (when we audit and remove a star), messages are now sent out via the PM system.

When a player is removed from a clan, a message is sent now to the clan leader and the member to explain why.

edit : The PMs for clan removal are a fairly recent addition, within last 2 or 3 months anyway.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 18:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    I felt a disturbance in the force, and here I am...
    🙂
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 21:41
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    🙂
    I hate "SUCKS"!

They say one thing one minute, then another thing in the next minute. We can really do without them. 😏
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Aug '10 14:16
    Removal from clans happens during a periodic audit, normally 1 month after a subscription ends, and immediately prior to a subscription audit.

Therefore, in most cases where a subscription hasn't been renewed, there is a lengthy time available to renew a sub and retain clan membership before they are removed from the clan on the next audit.

There may be o ...[text shortened]... edit : The PMs for clan removal are a fairly recent addition, within last 2 or 3 months anyway.
    I know for I that the pm sent to player and clan leader is very nice and a good improvement.
    I still wish and think that sending a pm to the player before their star is removed and their removed from their clans would be much better all around and eliminated a lot of people being removed unecessarily.
    I know it's surprising that some don't know their sub is expired. But with the auto renewal of subscriptions some don't even look to see and forget to update credt card info etc.

Thanks for responding Russ.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    28 Aug '10 17:12
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I hate "SUCKS"!

They say one thing one minute, then another thing in the next minute. We can really do without them. 😏
    as a member of Metallica I take all your thoughts & comments to heart :'(
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 05:223 edits

There may be o ...[text shortened]... edit : The PMs for clan removal are a fairly recent addition, within last 2 or 3 months anyway.
    Hey Russ, Again this morning I woke up to see two more players in our clan have had their stars removed so I sent a message to all our clan members warning them to keep thier credit card info and subscriptions updated. Here is the response from one of our members.

David,

I renewed my subscription 2 days ago, but it still hasn't been updated. I sent an e-mail but have not heard back. I do not want to leave the clan. Can you help out in any way?
    Thanks,

I had another member that's been a member for 4 years ask me if it was them who's subscription had run out.

Serious Russ, There needs to be a warning sent from Redhotpawn to players BEFORE their star is removed and their subscriber status from this site, and say a weeks grace period or something for them to get things strightened out with checkout.com once the warning is sent.

Thanks Russ.
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 12:28
    As we just discovered this is apparently only happening to your clan 😛
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 12:431 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Hey Russ, Again this morning I woke up to see two more players in our clan have had their stars removed so I sent a message to all our clan members warning them to keep thier credit card info and subscriptions updated. Here is the response from one of our members.

David,

I renewed my subscription 2 days ago, but it still hasn't been updated. em to get things strightened out with checkout.com once the warning is sent.

Thanks Russ.
    A possible solution is to get your clan members to check and ensure their details are up to date.

Click on My Home and select My subscription to access the details.

There is a warning sent when the subscription does not renew, an email is sent to the address on file. It is the responsibility of the individual to keep their details up to date.

You could always ask all the membrs to confirm their renewal date to you and keep their details in a thread within the Clan forum with this info so you can remind members nearer the due date.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree