1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 10:061 edit
    Forum stalwart Wajoma tirelessly presents a certain ideological vision here with consistency and sometimes rather disarming straight forwardness - not to mention the odd fizzing zinger.

Some would say that his 'no force, no fraud' principle has an irresistible internally coherent resonance and that those who oppose him invariably reveal themselves to be craven control freaks and busyboddies.

Others would say that Wajoma-ism presents an ideal - a basis, a compass direction - that should at least influence or inform the management of political reality.

Others would perhaps say that his ideology misunderstands the nature of people and the nature of society, while refusing to acknowledge market failure and other inconvenient aspects of the economic mechanism that he argues should be given more or less unrestrained "sovereignty".

Still others would say that he just will not be pinned down on details and he quickly abandons real debate, riffs on absurb little anecdotes, quibbles about semantics, and becomes tetchy when his ideals/principles find themselves wanting beyond the shoot-the-breeze-laboratory, out there in the real world.

Whatever one's view is, I think it is relatively uncontroversial to say that the Forum is a richer, more diverse, more interestingly fractious place thanks to his participation and his distinctive contributions.

Why don't we nut out some of the details. Let's take a little volley of Wajoma principles that came up on a thread a few days ago but got overlooked, and see if he is willing to discuss them closely and in practical terms.

Let's see...

==============================

Originally posted by Wajoma
    On Paying Tax - You should pay for the services you use, so if you believe yourself to be in credit you are morally justified in evading taxes.

Question: "So let's say I require less protection from force and fraud than someone else. Does that mean I pay less taxes [according to Wajoma]?"

On Food Safety - The factory should be allowed to produce poison provided they don't claim it is something it is not.

Question: "What if a factory produces poisonous food but doesn't make any claims about it? Should it be allowed to to do that?"

On Pollution - The factory should not be allowed to harm me or my property.

Questions: "Who defines and regulates the "harm"? How much should be spent on protecting us from this kind of harm? What other things do you define as being "harm"?"

=====================================

There are many more things that come up like these, and yet do not get addressed or answered. But this should be enough to get the ball rolling.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 14:54
    Well, Wajoma, it seems that the gauntlet has been cast at thy feet.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 14:56
    Originally posted by sh76
    Well, Wajoma, it seems that the gauntlet has been cast at thy feet.
    Ha, I aint jerking around to him pulling the strings, no drama.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    11 Mar '11 16:32
    Ha, I aint jerking around to him pulling the strings, no drama.
    Behold the power of free will.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 04:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Forum stalwart Wajoma tirelessly presents a certain ideological vision here with consistency and sometimes rather disarming straight forwardness - not to mention the odd fizzing zinger. Some would say that his 'no force, no fraud' principle has an irresistible internally coherent resonance and that those who oppose him invariably reveal themselves to be craven control freaks and busyboddies.
    Here is another key plank of the ideology:

On Tax in a Democracy It's something called 'right' and 'wrong' and it is something to care about, it is not determined by a show of hands, the loudest bleating form the biggest mob of sheep who happen to be over a certain age living within certain boundary lines scratched in the dirt.

Unanswered Question: Well I know of no one who argues that representative democracy is perfect. You propose that taxation and budgeting are decided and implemented by unelected people? If tax rates are not to be set by the democratic mechanism [your "a show of hands"], then how?
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 15:17
    I think you're talking to yourself on this thread FMF. Wajoma doesn't want to be a puppet on your strings.

My suggestion, if Wajoma-isms bother you, is to imagine them spoken in an Australian accent like Crocodile Dundee. They're totally cool that way mate, no drama.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 16:02
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I think you're talking to yourself on this thread FMF. Wajoma doesn't want to be a puppet on your strings.

My suggestion, if Wajoma-isms bother you, is to imagine them spoken in an Australian accent like Crocodile Dundee. They're totally cool that way mate, no drama.
    Yes, it's the typical Wajoma style. Just evade and/or ignore any question that challenges your ideology.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 16:14
    Wajoma doesn't want to be a puppet on your strings.
    The "strings" in question are his own comments from recent threads. And Wajoma may have a rather uncompromising paradigm through which he sees things but he's not a forum member that I would describe as a "puppet".
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Mar '11 16:37
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, it's the typical Wajoma style. Just evade and/or ignore any question that challenges your ideology.
    “I came here to say that I do not recognize anyone’s right to one minute of my life. Nor to any part of my energy."
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 17:28
    There is nothing wrong with wajoma's refusal to play FMF's little games, there is no law establishing a duty to answer to a poster's inquiries into one's ideology, and if even if there was it would make little difference since its basically the norm here for questions to go unanswered when it is convenient to go silent. just ask No1 and ATY, the serial flouters of this unspoken rule.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 18:02
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    There is nothing wrong with wajoma's refusal to play FMF's little games, there is no law establishing a duty to answer to a poster's inquiries into one's ideology, and if even if there was it would make little difference since its basically the norm here for questions to go unanswered when it is convenient to go silent. just ask No1 and ATY, the serial flouters of this unspoken rule.
    Sure, Wajoma can say whatever he wants. But Wajoma's inability to respond to basic questions concerning his ideology does reveal there is something wrong with it.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 18:38
    Sure, Wajoma can say whatever he wants. But Wajoma's inability to respond to basic questions concerning his ideology does reveal there is something wrong with it.
    Perhaps he would have been more willing to explain himself if FMF had not made such a spectacle of the whole thing. Im afraid this thread is a monument of FMF's own self-indulgence more than anything else, there's no reason why there should be a thread dedicated solely to the ridicule of a poster. If anything Wajoma's refusal to take the bait is admirable.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 19:52
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Perhaps he would have been more willing to explain himself if FMF had not made such a spectacle of the whole thing. Im afraid this thread is a monument of FMF's own self-indulgence more than anything else, there's no reason why there should be a thread dedicated solely to the ridicule of a poster. If anything Wajoma's refusal to take the bait is admirable.
    Perhaps it would be had Wajoma not refused to take the "bait" in every other topic.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 07:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Forum stalwart Wajoma tirelessly presents a certain ideological vision here with consistency and sometimes rather disarming straight forwardness - not to mention the odd fizzing zinger.

Some would say that his 'no force, no fraud' principle has an irresistible internally coherent resonance and that those who oppose him invariably reveal themselves to be crav ...[text shortened]... t addressed or answered. But this should be enough to get the ball rolling.
    Wajoma is a right-winger.
    They're either religious zealots or just completely self-centred and poisoned with greed.

In either case, within the framework of capitalism they should be respected, because they decide what happens and within a communist framework they should be locked up for society's benefit... alongside other detremental forces such as child molesters, rapists and lawyers.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 12:07
    I think you meant nu zilland ekscent.....cue baaing of sheep.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree