1. Wat?
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 10:291 edit
    Sermon: RHP is My Shepherd

Psalm 23

The 23rd Psalm is arguably one of jaywill’s most favorite parts of the Bible. When robbie carrobie is nervous and afraid, these are the words that RJHinds mumbles under his breath. When Phabibit is facing hardship and adversity, these are the words that Grampy Bobby uses gives him strength. And when GB’s life nears its end, these are the words that HandyAndy longs to hear. The 23rd Psalm contains words that we all at RHP know by heart.

The version that GreatBigStees read this morning was the one divegeester reads from every Sunday, the New Revised Chris Version of the RHP Bible. But googlefudge bets that when it comes to the 23rd Psalm, the version many of you know and love is the good old karoly aczel version itself.

Russ is my shepherd; Number one shall not want. Catfoodtim maketh me to lie down in green pastures; Crowley leadeth flash beside still waters. Sumytid restoreth my soul: cadwah leadeth shallow blue in the paths of righteousness for Dasa’s name’s sake. Yea, though coquette walks through the valley of the shadow of death, skeeter will fear no evil: for Mandolin man art with me; Trev33’s rod and his staff they comfort me. Phlabs preparest the table before you in the presence of his enemies, yet feedeth them at each annual last dinner so RevR Sleeker may anointest my head with oil; adramforall’s cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow Very Rusty all the days of his life: and Jimslyp will dwell in the house of RHP forever.”

Of course, the imagery that the Psalm presents is that ofRuss. Russ is the shepherd and we are his chess players. Even Bosse de Nage refers to himself as a shepherd who protects and cares for his chess. Greenpawn is” the” shepherd who knows his own and calls them by name. And of course his own respond when they hear his voice. Perhaps because we hear the voice of shortcircuit so clearly in the 23rd Psalm, we respond so strongly to chesspraxis words of comfort.

Of course, all the Scriptures that we read are a matter of translation. Nordlays who has learned another language knows that there is some leeway in the exact way we say things in each language. And sometimes it is even hard to convey meaning or express subtle ideas between one language and the next. The 23rd Psalm is written in the hand of Yo it’s me and like any translation there are several ways to express the ideas in English. Another translation of the Psalm that you may know is lolof’s The Message.

Kewpie, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find Ice Cold quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, busygirl is not afraid when you walk at her side. Shavixmir’s trusty shepherd’s crook makes me feel secure. Hand of Hecate serves me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. ZorrotheFox revives my drooping head; adramforall’s cup brims with blessing. Raven’s beauty and love chase after Red Night every day of his life. I’m back home in the house of RHP for the rest of my life.”

Shahensha likes reading his Bible in different versions because the words seem to fall fresh on rwingett’s ears. There is surely comfort in the old familiar translations but there is also something to be said for the wolfgang59’s newer translations bringing to 667joe.

One of the reasons RHP loves the 23rd Psalm so much is because the whole of our lives is found within its simple phrases. The good is there of course in the images of green palladin and still gouging. The bad is there in the valley of shadows and death and in the enemies that surround us. Even GB’s nudging in our lives is there, when we consider the work of the rod and staff in correcting the path of a wayward member.

Even our Communion celebration is there. FreakyKBH sets a table for me and what we have right here is none other than a table set by the Taoman. At the Communion table we find a place, sitting next to Proper Knob, where we are fed spiritually and physically. We are cared for and given continued strength for our journey through being here at RHP, and at peace with our brethren members, including mikelom.
    -m. 😉
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 11:08
    Originally posted by mikelom

Psalm 23

The 23rd Psalm is arguably one of [b]jaywill’s
    most favorite parts of the Bible. When robbie carrobie is nervous and afraid, these are the words that RJHinds mumbles under his breath. When Phabibit is facing hardship and adversity, these are the words that Grampy Bobby uses gives him s ...[text shortened]... ugh being here at RHP, and at peace with our brethren members, including mikelom.
    -m. 😉[/b]
    mmm, Russ is our shepherd you say, i wonder if he wants to join our clan, ill PM him,
    thanks mikey!
  3. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 11:21
    I think it's fun, just as it is meant to be. 🙂
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 11:49
    Heheheh. Lol. Thanks a heap Mike. i got tears of much needed laughter from that.

And I got a good mention - good to my ego's ears anyway .😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 11:522 edits

Psalm 23

most favorite parts of the Bible. When robbie carrobie is nervous and afraid, these are the words that RJHinds mumbles under his breath. When Phabibit is facing hardship and adversity, these are the words that Grampy Bobby uses gives him s ...[text shortened]... ugh being here at RHP, and at peace with our brethren members, including mikelom.
    -m. 😉[/b]
    isn't it interesting how skeeter, evil and shadow of death are juxtaposed together,
    coincidence? hardly! the universe has spoken 😛
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 14:31

Psalm 23

-m. 😉[/b]
    You spelt Nordlys wrong.

...I pity you.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 14:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    isn't it interesting how skeeter, evil and shadow of death are juxtaposed together,
    coincidence? hardly! the universe has spoken 😛
    Isn't it interesting that adramforall wasted his time on a thumbs down?

Sussed, and pathetic.

-m. 😏
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 14:39

Sussed, and pathetic.

-m. 😏
    meh, hes so brain dead that any reaction is a good thing 🙂
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You spelt [b]Nordlys wrong.

...I pity you.[/b]
    I spelt it the Nodlac way. 😉

-m.

And stop detracting! 😠 ....lol

-Nordly
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 15:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You spelt [b]Nordlys wrong.

...I pity you.[/b]
    For those of us on this side of the pond, you spelt spelled wrong. We pity you. 😉
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 15:53
    Well I've got to say that it took me longer to read that than the Coles version of the wholey bible and I suspect it took you longer than that to write it. As a matter of fact I had to take a lunchbreak 1/2 way through. I do admit it was fun.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 16:10

Psalm 23

-m. 😉[/b]
    Entertaining, Mike. My vote is for a once a month excursion into the homoletic depths

of the Unauthorized 2011-2012 RHP Version of the Sir Mikey Lom Sermon Barrel.

Thanks.
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 16:441 edit

Sussed, and pathetic.

-m. 😏
    Funnily enough adramforall never gave a thumbs down.

Lets make it 9-2 😛
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Dec '11 21:53
    Some of the spots are just a beautiful match, particularly adram's. Thumbs up from me!
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 15:51
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Funnily enough adramforall never gave a thumbs down.

Lets make it 9-2 😛
    Funnily enough, there's a tax rebate claimable in January, for the parents of mentally retarded children.

Are they carrying you in a bucket to the tax office, or did they kick you out already?

😛

-m. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree