1. Joined
    13 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 22:47
    To all,

What are the requirements/qualifications needed to create a tournament? Where would I find the information to make this happen? THANKS!

Peace, Bob
    HiChief
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 22:59
    Originally posted by HiChief
    To all,

What are the requirements/qualifications needed to create a tournament? Where would I find the information to make this happen? THANKS!

Peace, Bob
    HiChief
    Hi to start a tournament you need to be a leader of a club with at least 10 members. So you would need to create one or find a club leader who wishes to give up their club (I think there might be a lot of those about) and ask to take it over, need to message Russ with agreement of current leader (or not if they have disappeared)......

I think clan leaders can also set up private tournaments, but I am not so sure about that.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 07:222 edits
    Clan leaders also have the facility but there's a qualifying member number there too. For clan or club leaders the tournament is restricted to subscribers who are members of the particular clan or club. None of us has the facility to create tournaments open to all subscribers on the site, that is a privilege presently restricted to admin.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 19:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Clan leaders also have the facility but there's a qualifying member number there too. For clan or club leaders the tournament is restricted to subscribers who are members of the particular clan or club. None of us has the facility to create tournaments open to all subscribers on the site, that is a privilege presently restricted to admin.
    There is a possibility by creating a private tournament and publishing the key...
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 07:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There is a possibility by creating a private tournament and publishing the key...
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten that one, you need to be a qualified clan leader (at least 5 clan members) to do that.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 19:45
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten that one, you need to be a qualified clan leader (at least 5 clan members) to do that.
    O k.I am a clan leader but I can't see how to create a tournament.I can see the tab private- my managed but there's obviously nothing there!!
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 13:41
    http://www.timeforchess.com/tournament/createprivate.php

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree