1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 20:15
    This is about the 10th go around for this

Why isn't the booking for the vacation shown? There is absolutely no reason not to show the anticipated date of return. You can't count on it. The player can decide to return early.

It would be nice to know, however, that a player has booked one or two or ten more days for the vacation. That it's not revealed is just a little annoying.
  2. Here
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 07:21
    Could you use this information to rundown timebanks ?
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 13:39
    Originally posted by padger
    Could you use this information to rundown timebanks ?
    I don't see how the information can be used in any particular way to manipulate a game. The "power" for manipulation rests with the vacationer. That is, the vacationer can book extra time, fully intending to return early. The effect would be to have the other player(s) relax and not watch the game as closely. The other players could relax on the time outs for their own game, which could place them under time pressure. But those are stretches, as the game comes up for a move anyway, regardless. It's just the idea of having some clue as to when the player might return. I'm not even suggesting that we should know how many total V days the player has already consumed. I'm only suggesting that the booked V period is revealed, or, really, just a booked return to play date. It's so easy to do and I just don't see a reason why it wouldn't be posted.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 08:54
    I Support this idea again
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 14:05
    Originally posted by coquette
    This is about the 10th go around for this

Why isn't the booking for the vacation shown? There is absolutely no reason not to show the anticipated date of return. You can't count on it. The player can decide to return early.

It would be nice to know, however, that a player has booked one or two or ten more days for the vacation. That it's not revealed is just a little annoying.
    The return date is meaningless whilst ever moving while the flag is up is allowed, and I think it should be.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 14:44
    Originally posted by venda
    The return date is meaningless whilst ever moving while the flag is up is allowed, and I think it should be.
    moving should be allowed for the sake fof Speed, however where is the Problem in displaying the date?
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 18:00
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    moving should be allowed for the sake fof Speed, however where is the Problem in displaying the date?
    There is no problem.I just don't see the advantage.
    A players vacation time could end on say July 7th and if he has a mind to he could book a new vacation from that date.
    The reality is that all vacation time does is protect against timeouts.
    I am going away soon but will be back before any of my games timeout so there's no point in booking vacation days even though I may not move for 7 days.
    As debated many times, timebank still depletes while the flag is up.
    I'm not really interested when an opponent returns from vacation(actual or tactical).The only relevant thing is when he moves.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 19:58
    Originally posted by venda
    There is no problem.I just don't see the advantage.
    A players vacation time could end on say July 7th and if he has a mind to he could book a new vacation from that date.
    The reality is that all vacation time does is protect against timeouts.
    I am going away soon but will be back before any of my games timeout so there's no point in booking vacation days ev ...[text shortened]... opponent returns from vacation(actual or tactical).The only relevant thing is when he moves.
    no disagreement. in fact, suggested that it only be viewed optionally, for those who might be interested.

your own non-interest doesn't have to apply to everyone to make it worth considering

I would like the feature. i'm not alone. I just don't see any reason for not making the information available.

On every point, you are right. knowing the booked date of return means nothing. The default should be to provide the information if members would like to have it presented.

i'm pleased to suggest that there are many places with information that I never bother to look at. I don't make a case for disposing of them. If others want to view those sources, let them
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jul '13 15:42
    Originally posted by coquette
    no disagreement. in fact, suggested that it only be viewed optionally, for those who might be interested.

your own non-interest doesn't have to apply to everyone to make it worth considering

I would like the feature. i'm not alone. I just don't see any reason for not making the information available.

On every point, you are right. knowing the book ...[text shortened]... . I don't make a case for disposing of them. If others want to view those sources, let them
    well put!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree