1. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 03:13
    I would like to be able to see the ratings of myself and my opponent as they were when a past game was completed. It would be nice to know that I was rated say 1300 when I played a particular past game.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 05:57
    If you can locate the game in your ratings graph it will display both ratings there.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 06:06
    It used to be in the header of the PGN - now I see that the PGN only gives the current ratings. Seems Russ changed it. Pity.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 14:10
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    It used to be in the header of the PGN - now I see that the PGN only gives the current ratings. Seems Russ changed it. Pity.
    Yeah, this way is decidedly a Wrong Thing.
  5. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 08:27
    Originally posted by jertamev
    I would like to be able to see the ratings of myself and my opponent as they were when a past game was completed. It would be nice to know that I was rated say 1300 when I played a particular past game.
    I agree. Of much more relevance is the ratings of players as they were when the game was completed, rather than what they are now.
    Ideally, maybe when looking at past games, both the ratings on completion of the game, and the current ratings could be shown?
    Or the option to have one or the other?
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 15:16
    Originally posted by jertamev
    Good idea! I would prefer to look at a game and see what each player was rated at when the game started.

A players current rating is dynamic and can always be seen on their profile page and other places, but when looking at old games it would be better to see the actual ratings held at the start of the game for historical purposes.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 14:11
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Good idea! I would prefer to look at a game and see what each player was rated at when the game started.

A players current rating is dynamic and can always be seen on their profile page and other places, but when looking at old games it would be better to see the actual ratings held at the start of the game for historical purposes.
    I like the idea of either or both.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 05:51
    The idea to document the rating at the time the game ended seems to have garnered quite a number of votes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree