1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 22:16
    Given that progressively more people are conducting relationships on line, and computer programs are becoming increasingly more sophisticated, might there come a time when a relationship with a positively(supportive,creative non judgemental etc) programmed computer personality would be better for the human partner than a negative (judgemental,critical etc) "real" person?.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 22:33
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Given that progressively more people are conducting relationships on line, and computer programs are becoming increasingly more sophisticated, might there come a time when a relationship with a positively(supportive,creative non judgemental etc) programmed computer personality would be better for the human partner than a negative (judgemental,critical etc) "real" person?.
    How can you grow and mature with no one correcting you?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 22:35
    They aren't very cuddly. The tendency to be judgemental may be an important part of the relationship. If the machine is programmed to always be nice, it's of no great value when it is.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 22:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 22:45
    Everyone go watch "Her" and then come back...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 22:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    How can you grow and mature with no one correcting you?
    How can you grow and mature with someone correcting you?
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:05
    I think you guys are probably right, a certain amount of judgement and criticism may be required for personal growth. What do you think to the idea that these characteristics could be tailored to the sensibilities of the human partner. Also such criticism would not arise from ulterior motives and ego.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:34
    Did you see the 2013 movie Her?

9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:35
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Everyone go watch "Her" and then come back...

Wow, scooped. Very good, GF.
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Did you see the 2013 movie Her?

No, but I got the general idea of it and from HAL in 2001 and other sources. There have been lots of films/literature on the subject, I'm just wondering where it might lead us.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:59
    No, but I got the general idea of it and from HAL in 2001 and other sources. There have been lots of films/literature on the subject, I'm just wondering where it might lead us.
    Assuming the same explosive growth in knowledge as we have seen in the last 100 years, maybe 200 years from now computers will be androids with totally human bodies and you just order what you want, woman, man, intellectual, physical, whatever.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 00:152 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 17:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    How can you grow and mature with someone correcting you?
    If you keep touching the oven without someone telling you not to you keep doing it.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 18:10
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If you keep touching the oven without someone telling you not to you keep doing it.
    ???

You do???
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 18:44
    Sorry, your too late, its already happening:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24614830

I have also seen it an a documentary. I'll have to look for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree