1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 08:171 edit
    What Do You Believe?

The Oxford Dictionaries define the verb form of the English word “believe” as follows: To “Accept the statement of (someone) as true: he didn’t believe her or didn’t want to know.” And the noun form is defined as “An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.”Reveal Hidden Content
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/believe / http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/belief

Here are two illustrative examples from Saint Augustine: “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” and “If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.” (Saint Augustine)Reveal Hidden Content
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/saint_augustine.html#tIUm7vug6KjAgRs1.99

The English word “forum” is defined by Wikipedia as follows: “In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions and debates, rendezvous, meetings, et cetera.”Reveal Hidden Content
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_(Roman)

The sole purpose of this online spirituality forum thread is to provide “a gathering place” for the civil exchange of diverse beliefs and objective discussion. All of us possess positive and negative volition: we each buy what we choose and leave other items on the shelves; similarly, we each choose what we believe and disbelieve within the secular and spiritual realms (which may change as new credible information is assimilated). Please state your belief with a reference to an authoritative source in which you place your trust. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 08:20
    1) I believe that the Bible is composed of sixty six canonical books in their original languages which is the inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God. “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” (2Timothy 3:16) “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.” (Hebrews 4:12-13)
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 08:25
    I believe it might rain today.

Authoritative source: www.buienradar.nl
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 08:54
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I believe it might rain today.

Authoritative source: www.buienradar.nl
    Surely, somewhere on earth they will be correct. 😏
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:002 edits
    2) I believe that my personal worth prior to believing in the person and work of Jesus Christ was not an issue to God because I couldn't meet the standards of His Righteousness. My personal sins were not an issue to Him either because He had already tried them during the final three hours of Jesus Christ's crucifixion [substitutionary spiritual death: separation from God the Father] at Golgotha Hill nearly 2,000 years ago and closed the case. My good deeds weighed 0.000000 in God's Scale of Justice. He offers salvation and eternal life by grace not works. "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten* [uniquely born*] Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten* Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” (John 3: 16-21)

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not believe in the Son shall not see life but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36) Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation. If you repent [change your mind about Christ] and decide to believe you too will have eternal life and share an eternal relationship with God in heaven forever. This choice is yours.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:03
    I believe you should take a longer break from the spirituality forum ..
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I believe you should take a longer break from the spirituality forum ..
    "I believe you should take a longer break from the spirituality forum .."

May I ask why?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"I believe you should take a longer break from the spirituality forum .."

May I ask why?[/b]
    You dont discuss issues using clear and concise language.
    You often use vague phrases which are not relevant to the matter being discussed.
    You repeat what the poster said without dealing with the issue.
    If there is a discussion on what Jesus Christ said you often quote a reply from some person. In a discussion or debate people what to hear what you have to say.

It would be nice if you could change but I doubt that would happen.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 17:29
    You dont discuss issues using clear and concise language.
    You often use vague phrases which are not relevant to the matter being discussed.
    You repeat what the poster said without dealing with the issue.
    If there is a discussion on what Jesus Christ said you often quote a reply from some person. In a discussion or debate people what to hear what you have to say.

It would be nice if you could change but I doubt that would happen.
    Thank you for your criticisms; perhaps I'll be able to improve my threads and replies.
    Meanwhile "What Do You Believe"?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 17:551 edit
    Thank you for your criticisms; perhaps I'll be able to improve my threads and replies.
    Meanwhile "What Do You Believe"?
    I believe that this guy Augustine has a point and it applies to people like yourself:

“Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” and “If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.” (Saint Augustine

You reject parts of the gospels that you dont like.

I started a thread listing what I believe regarding the salvation and the gospels. I accept everything. Judging from what you often write you dont.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:28
    I believe that this guy Augustine has a point and it applies to people like yourself:

“Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” and “If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.” (Saint Augustine

You reject parts ...[text shortened]... the salvation and the gospels. I accept everything. Judging from what you often write you dont.
    Thank you. Glad you liked the quote. I've made two statements of belief in less than twenty four hours.
    Patience is a virtue. Rest easy in the harness of self restraint; there'll be many more... Bob
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Surely, somewhere on earth they will be correct. 😏
    RJHInds, "What Do You Believe?"
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:40
    Thank you. Glad you liked the quote. I've made two statements of belief in less than twenty four hours.
    Patience is a virtue. Rest easy in the harness of self restraint; there'll be many more... Bob
    Do you see how you ignore what people say? You expect people to want to discuss anything with an @$$ like you
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:47
    Nearly 10 years ago now i got involved in a dispute at a bus stop. I arrived to see a younger man being aggressive and abusive towards a much older man. Moved, as i often was to support the under dog (even in sport) i put myself between the two and ended up getting myself stabbed. (Don't worry, not fatally!)
    Anyway, turns out that the older man, while sitting at the bus stop, had sexually assaulted the younger man's girlfriend; which of course explains why he was so irate, and why my sudden appearance to chastise him didn't go down so well.

I don't think, even now, that my beliefs are anchored by anything. They are always changing, usually when challenged by life, or rare individuals. I use to believe for example that everything was black and white, but now that situations are often far more complicated than they first appear.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 20:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Nearly 10 years ago now i got involved in a dispute at a bus stop. I arrived to see a younger man being aggressive and abusive towards a much older man. Moved, as i often was to support the under dog (even in sport) i put myself between the two and ended up getting myself stabbed. (Don't worry, not fatally!)
    Anyway, turns out that the older man, whi ...[text shortened]... black and white, but now that situations are often far more complicated than they first appear.
    Your objectivity and honesty are rare indeed as is your willingness to accept the perils of candor.
    Kindred spirits across the pond?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree