1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 09:182 edits
    A consultation vote is running now regarding identifiable likes/recommendations on forums posts in the future.

If you would like to make your opinion known, please let us know using this vote : [vid]27[/vid]
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 10:001 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    A consultation vote is running now regarding identifiable likes/recommendations on forums posts in the future.

If you would like to make your opinion known, please let us know using this vote : [vid]27[/vid]
    Perhaps a good start might be to identify the social engineer behind this idea.

I wouldn't mind hearing what his agenda is.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 10:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Perhaps a good start might be to identify the social engineer behind this idea.

I wouldn't mind hearing what his agenda is.
    It actually came from a suggestion in this forum earlier this year. There is no agenda.
  4. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 11:15
    I'm just wondering how you would do this? would there be a link with a list of all the names attached?
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 11:33

You left out the option to completely remove the post recommendation feature.
  6. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 12:10
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    You left out the option to completely remove the post recommendation feature.
    good point 😀
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 12:271 edit
    A patch went live today that sends "notifications" when someone recommends your post.

I'll see how this works out - I suspect they will need to work more intelligently in the future (more like Facebook's x number of people liked your post) - but right now, every positive thumbs up sends a notification.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 13:541 edit
    A patch went live today that sends "notifications" when someone recommends your post.

I'll see how this works out - I suspect they will need to work more intelligently in the future (more like Facebook's x number of people liked your post) - but right now, every positive thumbs up sends a notification.
    It's a beginning; however as long as there's anonymity, the status quo is unchanged.
    Facebook's full disclosure of "Likes" is well received by its members.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 14:53

So if you do this how will it work? If you 'mouse over' a thumbs up or a thumbs down icon will there then show a list of names of those who clicked it?
  10. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 15:381 edit

there's no thumbs down notifications though? and did you say that it's working right now?
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 15:48

Can we have an option to turn this off, please? I've had one, and it's already irritating the living s&*@t out of me.
  12. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 17:09
    can someone thumb this up so I can see what it's like?
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 17:36
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Can we have an option to turn this off, please? I've had one, and it's already irritating the living s&*@t out of me.
    Likewise. I get enough junk mail already. 🙁
  14. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 17:40
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Likewise. I get enough junk mail already. 🙁
    I still haven't gotten one 🙁
  15. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 17:411 edit
    maybe it could be that someone could turn this option on or off in their settings just like game notifications?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree