W.C. Game 13..and I've got a medal!!

W.C. Game 13..and I've got a medal!!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
27 Apr 23

A picture of me and my team of juniors who play in a adult chess
league. Last season they won Division III and I got a medal.

Then onto game 13. A draw with 3 fold rep but at one Black was looking very good.
Ding has never beaten Nepo with black in a classical game and he won't in this match.

Blog Post 564

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 Apr 23

@greenpawn34

Congratulations on the medal.

Moves
27 Apr 23

Congratulations on the very well deserved medal!

Your blog is the highlight of my chess life. Thank you so much. I'm very thankful to benefit from your passion for chess.

Moves
27 Apr 23

Congrats on the team win!

e4

Moves
27 Apr 23

Thanks.

A great wee bunch and if they stay with the game they will develop into good players.

The wee lad on the extreme right in blue. Initials P.S. is going to be something special.
Unlike most juniors he ignores opening theory, plays every opening simply following
the basic rules of development. Is a good middle game player but he comes into
his own in endings , he loves them!
He is good. Good enough to represent the club in the Richardson Cup Final (Scotland's premier team event) in a few weeks. He is 9.

Moves
29 Apr 23

@greenpawn34 said
Thanks.

A great wee bunch and if they stay with the game they will develop into good players.

The wee lad on the extreme right in blue. Initials P.S. is going to be something special.
Unlike most juniors he ignores opening theory, plays every opening simply following
the basic rules of development. Is a good middle game player but he comes into
his own in ending ...[text shortened]... resent the club in the Richardson Cup Final (Scotland's premier team event) in a few weeks. He is 9.
Amateurs love openings, and love to study them. I should know this, in my reports for our club competition I too love to mention openings and how they influence the game.
Professionals study the end game. Once you get to a serious level, the opening is just a way to get a good end game. I haven't' reached that level yet myself.