The Serpent

The Serpent

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
268d

I didn't write this but saw it in a conversation elsewhere, it is new to me I had never put this together.

"It was Satan.

1. Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made.

If you read that sentence closely the serpent was not an animal God made.

2. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him."

ENGLAND

Moves
268d
1 edit

Verse 14 and 15

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Clearly the serpent was and still is one of the “beasts of the field” which was able to reproduce, so there must have been a female serpent.

F

Moves
268d

@kellyjay said
First thought: Isn't it your belief that God made the universe and everything in it?

F

Moves
268d

@kellyjay said
A second thought: If you believe that "Satan" can do his work through you ~ and tempt you, and deceive you ~ if you do not hold fast to your belief in God, wouldn't you also believe that "Satan"/the serpent might be putting ideas about himself in your head by saying things like: "I am not an animal that God made"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
268d

@kellyjay said
I didn't write this but saw it in a conversation elsewhere, it is new to me I had never put this together.

"It was Satan.

1. Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made.

2. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him."
God made all the angels and Satan as well, a very long time ago. If you were a well-read person you would have known that. The Jewish library contains books which explains all these things. The bible contains some of the books inspired by God, not all.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
268d
2 edits

@rajk999 said
God made all the angels and Satan as well, a very long time ago. If you were a well-read person you would have known that. The Jewish library contains books which explains all these things. The bible contains some of the books inspired by God, not all.
I'm aware of that, everything and everyone was created, and all owe their being to God. God is the only one not created or owes His being to anything or anyone else. The Serpent post I'm convinced is wrong due to dive's post, on the 'seed' that made sense, so I'm back to what I have always thought, the devil used it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
268d

@kellyjay said
I'm aware of that, everything and everyone was made that is not God, and there is only one. The Serpent post I'm convinced is wrong due to dive's post, on the 'seed' that made sense, so I'm back to what I have always thought, the devil used it.
Can you write clearly? That post makes no sense.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
268d

@rajk999 said
Can you write clearly? That post makes no sense.
better?

ENGLAND

Moves
268d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The Serpent post I'm convinced is wrong due to dive's post, on the 'seed' that made sense, so I'm back to what I have always thought, the devil used it.
Thanks for the nod.

Of course you know that I think the the Garden of Eden story is largely allegorical and symbolic.

Edit: my choice of belief is in a creator and that creator is the God named in the Bible as Jehovah. However there is much in the Bible written by people many thousands of years ago which simply cannot be literal.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
267d
1 edit

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
267d

@mchill removed their quoted post
???

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
267d
1 edit

@kellyjay said

"It was Satan.

Sorry Kelly - But I disagree. God very much created the serpent. To Quote Jethro Tull: "He who makes kittens makes snakes in the grass."

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
267d
1 edit

@mchill said
Sorry Kelly - But I'm going to have to give this one to FMF. I believe the serpent was very much created by God, and that Satan is the most powerful and intelligent creature ever to come from the hand of God. I won't speculate as to why all this came about, but to ignore or try to discredit this makes no sense.
Satan and all of his fallen angels gets their asses kicked out of heaven, they are going to be judged with us as witnesses.

Someone will throw him into a pit then later he gets cast into a lake of 🔥FOREVER, don’t give him that type of credit to the father of lies he doesn’t merit it.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
267d

The serpent was the devil. Not just some random talking reptile having a larf.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
267d

@kellyjay said
Satan and all of his fallen angels gets their asses kicked out of heaven, they are going to be judged with us as witnesses.

Someone will throw him into a pit then later he gets cast into a lake of 🔥FOREVER, don’t give him that type of credit to the father of lies he doesn’t merit it.
Someone will throw him into a pit then later he gets cast into a lake of 🔥FOREVER.

Yes, I know. But that doesn't change the fact that God created this creature.